Should the different Boons be different colors?

Boon: Exponential

Boon: Circle of Healing

Boon: Shadow Step

Do they need different appearances/colors? Or maybe not "need" but it would still be nice to have...

Comments

  • Yeah. Would be nice, running to a Boon to heal just to see it is Exponential is not really good.

    In general, Hexes and Boons should have different Colors for the respective player. So Killers should know which Hex-Totem is which Hex and Survivors should know which Boon-Perks are in a Boon-Totem (from a distance).

  • What if you run more than one Boon perk?

    I guess you could make one red, one green and one blue and then combine them if more than one is running. The problem arises when the inevitable Boons for Infinite Dead Hard, Infinite Borrowed Time and Infininate Decisive Strike come out and the colours cannot be mixed any more.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I like this idea so I voted yes. Though I don't know how it would work if you have more than one boon in your kit.

    they would just be different color so it would still work

  • Boon: Exponential - probably just stay blue because no one uses it

    Boon: Circle of Healing - yellowish white glow

    Boon: Shadow Step - deep purple for shadows

  • It wouldn't work for the colourblind community. Unless they also gave different sounds either in radius or the thunder when they're put on.

    It might be too much info for survivors.

  • You never want a killer to look at it and know what it is. Same thing for Hex totems - there's a reason the hexes aren't color coordinated.


    Also... I'd rather keep the potential to have more boons than there are primary colors. You never know. What if they did the same thing with hex totems when they first came out? They'd have to start getting creative for colors because of a choice they made 4 years ago.