Storytime thread go
Storytime thread: share a story about an interesting game you had recently.
Bonus points for unexpected endings and tactics you previously didn't know about.
I had one of my luckiest games ever this evening.
It started off badly: The first chase I committed to was a Visconti - turns out he was an Iridescent I and an excellent looper. I hadn't played Ghostface in at least a couple of weeks (been focusing on learning Pig), and I was playing badly, missing hits that I should have easily gotten and getting pallets slammed in my face more than was strictly necessary (and I'm on Stadia with a controller with a basic M1 killer, on top of all that).
He looped me for three gens, taking me through damn near every pallet on the map, and there had probably been enough time to do all five if the other survivors had been on their game, but I eventually got him downed and hooked in the basement. I figured the game was already shot, and I didn't want this guy getting out alive, so, what the hell; I camped him. But no help ever came.
Good.
Another gen popped not long after I got out of the basement, and, to my delight, the survivors had three-genned themselves nicely. What's more, Ruin and Undying were both still alive and located between the remaining gens, making gen patrol a breeze.
After a couple more hooks, I catch a Meg trying to snuff my totem, and on the hook she goes. The final gen pops just as she does, and... NOED spawns right next to her. The other two go for the save anyway.
Everyone dies.
I didn't pip, probably because I camped poor Ace to death and then massacred the rest during the EGC, but I really thought the game was lost.
Comments
I tricked a Claudette into believing she cleansed my Devour Hope after a different Claudette (Blendette mains, smh) tried denying it by letting 2 people die on hook (poggers certified survivor main strats over here) and got the "I have such sights to show you" voiceline for preparing the nasty one like a turkey. It is not super interesting besides the fact that these are the people complaining about how killers play all while treating their teammates worse than my cat treats me.
Had on one cornmap 2 cross map snipes from bbq info that got me 2 downs.
Was pretty happy with that.