What happened?

Bruh. I take like a week long break from this game and pigs are starting to 4k while afk? yikes. im gonna extend this break till things are back to normal.

Comments

  • @Hex_Llama said:

    Anyway. I suspect that the rule against going AFK is more about people who repeatedly load into matches that they don't play, because they're farming blood points. I used to see a lot more of those.

    I'm actually surprised to hear people describe body blocking the Jigsaw box as being AFK, because the killer is obviously standing still as part of a strategy and not just abandoning the game. (IMO, it's also not a very good strategy).

    "Idling" is also there in the rules for this very reason.

    One of the moderators stated the other day that blocking a survivor in the corner, even if gens are being done is bannable, in my opinion this is very similar to blocking someone in the corner, if they do any gens their trap is activated, they then MUST remove this trap or they will die, if their key is in that box they can't do a single thing, there is no counter, it's ridiculous people are defending this as if it's "normal gameplay".

  • I expect this will likely be fixed, probably sooner rather than later. Devs likely consider this an exploit (as do I) based on their past stances on simular issues. Need I remind you that blocking the unhook prompt is the reason we have swivel hooks now for rescues. Additionally, this is also the reason Pyramid Head's cage's spawn so far from him and will move if he sticks around for too long.

    I fully expect the devs may choose to have the box keys relocate if the Pig blocks the button prompt for too long or something similar.

    I will fully tunnel or camp people without a second thought - but even I wouldn't use this exploit. It's clearly unintended and must be addressed.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2795305#Comment_2795305

    "Idling" is also there in the rules for this very reason.

    One of the moderators stated the other day that blocking a survivor in the corner, even if gens are being done is bannable, in my opinion this is very similar to blocking someone in the corner, if they do any gens their trap is activated, they then MUST remove this trap or they will die, if their key is in that box they can't do a single thing, there is no counter, it's ridiculous people are defending this as if it's "normal gameplay".

    But it's not the same. Blocking a survivor in a corner would be taking the game hostage. Since the survivor can't do anything.

    Sitting in front of the box isn't taking the game hostage, because the survivors can still do everything.

    As per definition, it's not the same.

    Btw, I recommend every pig player to use Tempered Timer + Box of crates. Because that's way more fun than sitting afk.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2795312#Comment_2795312

    But it's not the same. Blocking a survivor in a corner would be taking the game hostage. Since the survivor can't do anything.

    Sitting in front of the box isn't taking the game hostage, because the survivors can still do everything.

    As per definition, it's not the same.

    Btw, I recommend every pig player to use Tempered Timer + Box of crates. Because that's way more fun than sitting afk.

    If the survivors key is in that box they really can't do anything, nobody to save because the pig is idle, nobody to heal because nobody is injured, they literally just have to die because the one thing they can actually do to save themselves and escape a match that'll land them less then 5K points is take that box off, but sure, they can do gens for a little bit sure but ultimately they can't do anything to help themselves escape.


    And I really don't care for what you recommend because whatever you recommend you'd still defend this playstyle and would dismiss other peoples issues with it because "you haven't vs'ed it yet".

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2793835#Comment_2793835

    Try picking Pig and doing it for at least 20 attempts, and see in how many of them the survivors do exactly what you described.

    Bro if they dc becuz killer afk they are dumb

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2795967#Comment_2795967

    If the survivors key is in that box they really can't do anything, nobody to save because the pig is idle, nobody to heal because nobody is injured, they literally just have to die because the one thing they can actually do to save themselves and escape a match that'll land them less then 5K points is take that box off, but sure, they can do gens for a little bit sure but ultimately they can't do anything to help themselves escape.

    And I really don't care for what you recommend because whatever you recommend you'd still defend this playstyle and would dismiss other peoples issues with it because "you haven't vs'ed it yet".

    I didn´t defend anything. You see, I actually said that both Boil Over and this should be considered exploits (or none). That it isn´t a playstyle i like, that it sounds like a boring playstyle that one way or another won´t last and i offered an alternative with a different build.

1 2 ›