I got dbd on PC!

So...what now?

I was very excited to get the game on PC and enjoy all the benefits of it, (and I definitely still am!) but something that I feel I wasn't worried enough about before is really getting the better of me now.

It's not necessarily the grind, I'm fine with having to spend a lot of time on the game if I need to. But the real problem is the money that comes with it. saw something on Steam called the "killer expansion pack" but I don't know for sure if that's all the killers or just a select few of them. (If anyone knows please tell me)

Otherwise, I may just spend money on auric cells, but I'd prefer not to pay for more than what I need.

I'm also concerned because I got the game on my laptop instead of an actual desktop. I have ok specs for a laptop, but I'm worried about some funny shenanigan happening like a whole lotta crashes and my laptop turning into a jet engine.

Just wanted to post this as a little announcement that I'm switching over, and share my concerns about it in case anyone has been in my position and could help. Thanks for reading.


EDIT: just played my first matches, so I'll share my thoughts.

Good stuff:

Put some BP into Hillbilly so I can unlock an actual good perk eventually

Excited to try out some killers I haven't really played much before


Bad stuff:

My game looks absolutely terrible. I had to set graphics to the lowest setting and resolution almost to zero just so I could get decent frames.

Still need to get used to M&K gameplay

Comments

  • Killer expansion pack includes all original killers from Hag up to Trickster

    No licensed characters are in there, for obvious reasons

  • The expansion pass is what you want first but licensed chars need to be bought sep

  • Usually there's a sale right after a new killer is released. I say wait for the sale because it'll save you quite a bit.