'Call To Arms' - Something To Help SBMM/Queue Times?

Was thinking about this earlier today.

This event has made me realize three things:

  • At certain times of day, my killer queues are literally instant, but my matches are awful. Either me slaughtering newbies, or getting slaughtered by monsters. I think that this is definitely influenced by the sheer number of players on, and when this combines with the lack of killers, it totally breaks the SBMM system (more dodges+more long queues = chaos).
  • These times of day are also crappy to be a solo survivor, for much the same reason. Except that now I have to wait in a queue that I can watch most of a Bob's Burgers during.
  • Even daytime, where survivor queues were a bit shorter and I'd wait for a minute or two on killer sometimes, my survivor queues are double what they were a month ago and my killer queues are now almost instant there too. This is going to get worse.

So, I was thinking.

Other games have a 'Call to Arms' system, which offers a benefit to playing the currently understaffed side.

Something like, if survivor queues are in excess of 5 minutes, start offering killers 2x BP until this number decreases. You could even have CTA challenges and the like, which other games have done - some fun cosmetics etc. for playing these roles where needed.

Thoughts?

Comments

  • Offering more BP is just hiding the issue.

    Unless we look at WHY nobody wants to play Killer, we will be masking the issue.


    I do suspect that the event has made things worse and that things will go back to being a little less awful after it ends. Right now, Survivors earn way more BP per match than the Killer does. This eliminates one of the major draws to playing Killer, which is better BP gain. There is zero reason to play Killer at the moment.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Offering more BP is just hiding the issue.

    Unless we look at WHY nobody wants to play Killer, we will be masking the issue.

    I do suspect that the event has made things worse and that things will go back to being a little less awful after it ends. Right now, Survivors earn way more BP per match than the Killer does. This eliminates one of the major draws to playing Killer, which is better BP gain. There is zero reason to play Killer at the moment.

    It's a bandaid sure.

    But a decent bandaid is usually better than nothing.

    And yes, the survivor BP thing during this event was...really weak. What did BHVR expect to happen?