I'm looking for a person with whom I recently played Dead by Daylight

Is there any way to contact the player on the console? does they see the chat?

I would like to contact my teammate, but he has a cross platform icon. Due to the fact that he was silent in the chat, I thought he was playing from the console. Also, i can't find his steam or epic games account. (maybe write letters with the Executioner ability in a custom game?...)

Comments

  • which platform are you playing on and does the player have a globe icon in front of their nickname (that means they are on a different platform than you)?

    the in-Game chat can only be seen and used by Steam, Windows Store, Stadia and Epic platforms.

    since you are suggesting custom games I guess you are already friends in-game?


    sorry if I am not really helping, just trying to understand the situation better..

  • @Mooks said:

    which platform are you playing on and does the player have a globe icon in front of their nickname (that means they are on a different platform than you)?

    the in-Game chat can only be seen and used by Steam, Windows Store, Stadia and Epic platforms.

    since you are suggesting custom games I guess you are already friends in-game?

    sorry if I am not really helping, just trying to understand the situation better..

    I play with Epic Games.

    Yes, we were added as friends in DbD, I invited him to a custom game, wrote to the chat - he was silent.

    thank you very much for your reply! I'm sorry if there are any mistakes, I use a translator because I don't speak English well.

  • @horachan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2782012#Comment_2782012

    I play with Epic Games.

    Yes, we were added as friends in DbD, I invited him to a custom game, wrote to the chat - he was silent.

    thank you very much for your reply! I'm sorry if there are any mistakes, I use a translator because I don't speak English well.

    It’s very likely they are on console (PlayStation, XBox or Switch) then, since they actively accepted the friend request and joined the custom match.

    sadly I have no idea how to communicate this way… I guess you could try Morse code, but I don’t think others would realize what you are doing 😅

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2782026#Comment_2782026

    It’s very likely they are on console (PlayStation, XBox or Switch) then, since they actively accepted the friend request and joined the custom match.

    sadly I have no idea how to communicate this way… I guess you could try Morse code, but I don’t think others would realize what you are doing 😅

    do you know of any ways to communicate with these platforms via PC?

    And thank you!

  • @horachan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2782032#Comment_2782032

    do you know of any ways to communicate with these platforms via PC?

    And thank you!

    I don’t know, sorry.


    but maybe someone else sees this and can help out…

  • If you can change your name (Steam users can, I have no idea for other platforms), you could put your Discord code? Or something like: "Add me: [Discord name#0000] and invite them in the group? If they have Discord, maybe they will understand you're asking them to add you.