Is this stronger than ruin undying on Pinhead?

I'm playing a lot Pinhead, and I think that the best strategy with him is to actively going to hunt the lament configuration/box, always.

Finding it at the start is super, and hunting those who try to solve it is also super.

If you know what the cube spawn patter is, and you're a good Pinhead, you can predict where the cube spawns everytime, or the 2/3 possible spawn locations, if you know where all survivors are, because the cube has fixed spawn locations at every tile.

I think you should go and try to actively hunt the box with every build, and if you find the survivor with it, always chase them.

For this reason, I think the best add ons to hunt the lament are: Larry's remains, but ESPECIALLY, which I see nobody using, Slice of Frank: this gives exhaustion to who holds the lament, which is so good! They cannot dead hard your chains, no dh/overcome. Super good!

Alternatively, I think another good add on is Frank's Heart, which will make stopping who tries to solve the lament even easier. You can use even Engineer's Fang too, or Liquified Gore but I think that with Larry's remains is not as good as with other add ons.

So, what are the perks:

Corrupt Intervention: sometimes you won't find the lament due to an unlucky map, so this will give enough time to get pressure before the first chase ends. If you don' have it, a very good alternative is lethal pursuer, because if you know the lament spawn pattern, with lethal you'll find the first lament almost ALWAYS.

Thrilling Tremors: if you can down the person with the lament configuration, you have enough time to pick the survivor downed up before the others hit by the chains break free from them. This means that ALL GENS WILL GET BLOCKED. This is HUGE! There's no word to describe how good this is! Even if you don't find the person with the lament, if a chain hunt is active, there's a chance that also all gens will get blocked! Also you can use your power to chain a survivor that's in an unreachable spot, and then immediately use thrilling!

Dead Man's Switch. Once you hooked someone, if a chain hunt is active, that's it, they can't do gens anymore. This because chains will always get them off gens, so you understand the super duper power sinergy! Also, if you hook someone, and you find the lament, that's it, all gens blocked XD! Also same thing with Thrilling, you can use your power to chain a survivor that's in an unreachable spot, so the gen gets blocked!

Last perk I'm undecided between Hoarder, Pain Resonance, or Deadlock. I think that Hoarder is a perk that you can learn to play without, I've been playing without it since I played with Pinhead consistently and I've always found the box spawn locations/been able to stop who got the lament. Maybe I should try it more consistently against good survivors, but even then Hoarder is just a notification perk, while Deadlock and Pain Resonance give you consistent value even if your main strategy fails, and maybe for those 1/2 lament configuration hunts you miss.

is this stronger than ruin undying? I think it is, if you know what you're doing!

Comments