Devs are you really satisfied with the DeathSlinger nerfs?
It's been about 4 months now and the changes you forced on DS impacted him harder than any other killer nerf I've seen.Many agree it was just over kill and not necessary or should've been different. The increased 32 terror radius with the slow and clunky ADS speeds just removed everything that made cowboy feel threatening and fun to play as. I don't know the stats, but I'm most certain his pick rate and kill rate has plummeted towards the bottom of the killer pool. He was a mid tier killer at best maybe around B tier now he's around the bottom of C or D tier.
He's slow with poor map pressure with a strong 1v1, but weak 1v4 now he's just terrible. The few DS killers I've played against were all terrible and weren't even a threat with most of their hits just being basic M1 attacks.
IMO the nerfs should've been different he keeps the 24 TR, but now has a lullaby similar to Trickster so can't cheese invisible shots with Monitor and Abuse and keeps the fast ADS speeds, but has a increased delay with lowering the ADS so you can't be spamming ADS. The increased movement speed while ADS, really I don't give a crap about that change and pretty sure most don't either since you shouldn't be holding ADS for more than a second.
Cowboy no longer fun to play, has no real strengths and no longer feels threatening or unique. Why should we ever play him again when Huntress, Trickster, and Artist feel better and are more rewarding to play as. Even the range hybrid killers such as Demo, Plague, Nemesis, Pyramid Head, Clown and Cenobite feel better. Cause really I just can't with cowboy anymore I no longer play him not even for dailies cause he just feels so much worse.
Devs you still looking at DS and have improvements for him right? RIGHT?
Comments
The changes were needed. He sure was fun to play as, but horrible to go against. He needs compensation indeed in a different manner, as cheese M&A shots and instant aiming were impossible to counterplay. The fact that he was mid-tier doesn't justify having an unhealthy playstyle. He needs more map control, not cheap tricks to boost his win rate.
I still don't get the nerfs. He got nerfed because he was 'unfun' to play as but he wasn't even good, he was mid-tier at best