Twins Rework Idea
Before I begin I must say I am not a Twins main. I do however play a lot of Twins and wanted to share a concept of a rework I believe could address some of the issues the Twins have. This is by no means a perfect rework, only an idea. I'm sure there are Twins players out there that could come up with a far better rework. This is only a rough idea of what could be down to make the Twins more enjoyable.
Press the Active Ability Button to switch between two "modes". The Twins will now have two different modes, similar to clown.
The first one being the regular release of Victor in which the player takes control of him and can charge up his pounce to attach himself to a survivor or down them. The second mode is designed to give The Twins a more threatening and quicker way of ending chase while also opening up some new sniping capabilities ;)
Charlotte will slow down to 95% movement speed while Victor begins charging up from his little socket in Charlotte and will be able to be launched at a survivor. If the survivor is healthy, Victor will latch onto them as usual and you will be able to continue chasing the survivor as Charlotte. If they are injured they will be put into the dying state
If you miss your launch attack Victor will die and go on cooldown. If you successfully down a survivor with the launch attack you will take control of Victor and be able to do as you please or switch back to Charlotte.
The Launch attack will line up somewhat like The Artist's crows, a straight forward pounce that would still have an arch like the default pounce.
That is really the only MAJOR change present in this. The next bit will focus on three of what I feel to be the most important QOL updates/balance changes.
Victor's cooldown on successful pounces and missed pounces are to be adjusted. Missing a pounce will result in being vulnerable for 5 seconds, landing a pounce will only result in a 3 second window to be kicked.
Switching from Victor to Charlotte should be a lot smoother and faster as it can sometimes feel like it can take ages to switch back. The delay of switching from Victor to Charlotte is now only 2.5 seconds. This will allow Charlotte to be able to quickly capitalize on successful pounces.
Victor's regrow time is now 10 seconds (could be 12) instead 6. Having Victor kicked should feel like a mistake and not an inconvenience. I believe 10-12 seconds is more balanced than the current 6.
These are the three changes I believe are the most important other than fixing bugs and hit validation. This is also just a rough idea of what I believe The Twins should receive as far as a "rework"
Let me know some of your ideas below and what you think should be done to improve the overall Twins experience.
Comments
I want to see a rework where Charlotte walks around trying to M1 people in bot-mode while you have Victor out. It'll never happen, but it would be cool.
I'd dig it. Dunno if the opposite can be done with Victor but it'd be neat.