Attempting to master Oni: day 1
In case you aren't aware, I recently did a poll to have others decide what killer I should spend at least a month and a half mastering. Oni was the winner of that poll. I'll be making posts like these every week until March 15 (the day this challenge ends) that document what I've learned, interesting things that have happened, and how many wins and losses I've been getting.
Highlights:
My first match was on Lery's and had a hacker, which went about as well as you would expect. (Kills: 0)
My first win was on Lery's of all places, without the hacker this time (Kills: 3)
The first 4k was the match after, on Chapel.
I bought the Minotaur skin because if I'm going to be playing Oni this much I may as well waste my money.
I finally unlocked Infectious Fright!
I didn't play as much as I'd like today, but I progressed a lot and I learned a lot :)
Stats:
Wins: 5
Losses: 3
Cheaters: 1
Immersed gamers: 3
What did I learn/Need to learn?
Demon Strike has been carrying me during blood fury. I don't know how to use Demon Dash at loops and the hitbox for it seems kind of weird, but maybe that's just me. Having to strafe at such high speeds instead of turning will definitely take some getting used to.
I learned that getting hits through pallets with Demon Strike isn't terribly hard
I learned that you can hit multiple survivors in one demon strike, and a well timed demon strike on an unhook can give you 2 downs in one hit!
Demon Dash can be absolute tomfoolery, sometimes I will hit the survivor from Narnia and other times my stick will hit them directly and they will shrug it off.
Comments
Very cool. Oni is also one of the killers that I actually want to git gud with. I ... well, decent enough, but he has a high skill ceiling. Hitting with his Demon Dash is hard! But if you get the hang of it, its utterly devastating. And there is a tome challenge that asks you to hit someone with your Demon Dash after 10s of charging... Right now I'm not seeing myself ever getting that one ๐
Infectious Fright is one of the best perks on him, but a hitten gem (is it?) is also Lethal Pursuer. Knowing where to turn too to get the ball rolling asap helps sooo much. And I always got very good value out of Spies in the Shadow. I can't count how often I heared a raven going off in my back, where I found a sneaky survivor. Or just behind a wall to your side, that you didn't pay any attention to. Oni can make good use of all this info perks and start chasing.
Everyone knows how hard Oni can snowball, but sometimes its good enough to just end a chase with one swing, hook and be on the road again within 20s or so.
I am actually running Lethal Pursuer on him right now!
My build right now is Infectious, Lethal Pursuer, Deerstalker, and Eruption. I will replace Eruption with Pop and Deerstalker with Nurses' calling or BBQ once I get those.
I bought Oni yesterday on console, I havent played yet, I just wanted the nemesis Perk for Bubba.