Bug (?) - For The People not counting towards Renewal / Second Wind

While playing as Zarina, (since I just got her) I noticed that I was only getting a slight bit of Renewal's necessary healing for it to activate when using For The People, which I found odd since F.T.P. can be quite the risky perk and also fully heals a survivor you're healing. It happens on all the maps I play on every time I use F.T.P.. While I haven't seen if other characters have this problem or not (since I only have F.T.P. on Zarina at the moment), I'd assume it happens for them too. Also, the other perks I'm using at the same time are Inner Healing and Off The Record.


Steps:

1: Boot up el DbD

2: Play as Survivor

3: Pick Zarina Kassir (or maybe other survivors, dunno for sure at the moment)

4: Pick For The People and Renewal (a.k.a. Second Wind)

5: Use F.T.P. on an injured or downed survivor

6: Notice that Renewal only gains a sliver of progress instead of full progress


Here's the video clip that contains the bug (?). The timestamp is 2:07 to 2:18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2zcaXH8vLc

Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • From what I understand to get second wind you have to heal someone for the charges it takes to heal them (16 charges typically) in order for it to be activated. For the People is instant and so I think you're only getting the charge it takes to start healing them for like 1 charge before the perk activates, and they are healed/ and your Second Wind doesn't get further charge than that little sliver.


    If that... makes sense?

  • @stressydepressy said:

    From what I understand to get second wind you have to heal someone for the charges it takes to heal them (16 charges typically) in order for it to be activated. For the People is instant and so I think you're only getting the charge it takes to start healing them for like 1 charge before the perk activates, and they are healed/ and your Second Wind doesn't get further charge than that little sliver.

    If that... makes sense?

    It makes sense to me, I just think it's an oversight

  • Also, another thing to note: I've also experienced bugs where fully healing someone doesn't fully activated/ prep Renewal.

  • @lethargicsauce said:

    Also, another thing to note: I've also experienced bugs where fully healing someone doesn't fully activated/ prep Renewal.

    If i remember correctly, renewal doesn't activates when you are healing with medkit, maybe that was the case

  • @lethargicsauce said:

    While playing as Zarina, (since I just got her) I noticed that I was only getting a slight bit of Renewal's necessary healing for it to activate when using For The People, which I found odd since F.T.P. can be quite the risky perk and also fully heals a survivor you're healing. It happens on all the maps I play on every time I use F.T.P.. While I haven't seen if other characters have this problem or not (since I only have F.T.P. on Zarina at the moment), I'd assume it happens for them too. Also, the other perks I'm using at the same time are Inner Healing and Off The Record.

    Steps:

    1: Boot up el DbD

    2: Play as Survivor

    3: Pick Zarina Kassir (or maybe other survivors, dunno for sure at the moment)

    4: Pick For The People and Renewal (a.k.a. Second Wind)

    5: Use F.T.P. on an injured or downed survivor

    6: Notice that Renewal only gains a sliver of progress instead of full progress

    Here's the video clip that contains the bug (?). The timestamp is 2:07 to 2:18

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2zcaXH8vLc

    It isn't supposed to count as progress. For the People's instaheal is a separate mechanic from healing in general, as it doesn't instantly incur 16 charges. From my understanding, it is working as intended.

  • @LeeONE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781411#Comment_2781411

    If i remember correctly, renewal doesn't activates when you are healing with medkit, maybe that was the case

    I was just healing by hand. They had no progress, and yet it didn't fill it fully.