Envelope Behavior
I am trying to figure out if I encountered a bug or not, but for that I need to figure out how envelopes normally behave.
- Do envelopes have a limited time to be revealed?
- Do they get revealed automatically if a certain amount of time passes?
I've had a few weird things happen today and yesterday. First, I decided to finish a gen before revealing my envelope and the aura disappeared and I was never able to find it after. In another match, I hadn't revealed the envelope, nor did I open one, yet the effect around my character showing I had had appeared. Lastly, I saw what looked to be unrevealed envelopes on a map of which were not mine, but no one seemed to be able to reveal them (unless they were purposely choosing not to for some strange reason...)
Comments
Hey
What happened is that another player found your envelope and opened it, when you reveal it - you're not making it visible, you're making its aura visible and getting some extra points for showing people where it is
Also there's a bug where envelopes that have been claimed have auras that linger for a bit longer than they should
Hopefully this answers your Q!
Thanks, that mostly answers it but does lead me to think that the one instance may have been a bug (where the players didn't or couldn't open 2 of them). Are we also limited to only opening 1 envelope each? Because if so, I think what happened is the envelopes might have been opened, and then the modeled just glitched and stayed in the map regardless. Because both myself and a random teammate tried and couldn't get it to do anything.
As far as I am aware, you can open as many envelopes as you want
It's possible for 1 player to claim all 4 (except their own). I've not really encountered people doing this tho since they'd rather just get one then play normally.
Ok, that puts that to bed then. Definitely was a glitch. Thank you for taking the time to answer my posts! Hope you have a good rest of your day.