Of the perks listed in the poll Beast of Prey is the worst, stealth is mostly pointless during a chase.
Territorial Imperative is bad but at least it hypothetically helps track survivors if you are using the basement. It’s still better than Monstrous Shrine whose effect is utterly pointless
Overwhelming Presence and Unnerving Presence both see some use in builds which rely on expanded terror radiuses. I think I actually currently use one or both of these on my Doctor at the moment.
I see a lot of repetition for Monstrous Shrine, but at least it does something. Beast of Prey is a legitimately useless perk, I can't think of a single scenario you could get value from it where a simple mindgame wouldn't achieve the same result.
At least with Monstrous Shrine people die quicker in the basement. It's not much, but it does something you could hypothetically see value from.
Furtive chase is useful when you need to change the obsession. I guess it was more useful with the old DMS, but there are some other perks that do literally nothing.
Territorial Imperative feels worse than Beast of Prey fpr me, because at least I could be under the illusion of doing something!
Unnerving Presence can be useful under pressure, and Overwhelming Pressure is oddly decent against flash-light sqiads who aren't prepared fpr the sudden lack of juice in their torches, but yeah that's me looking for the most generously descriptive views of those perks.
At least the other perks sort of do something. Beast Of Prey is bad, but it can mess people up sometimes. You may even see value out of Overwhelming Presence. MS though? You might get 6 seconds off of a basement hook if you're lucky. It legit does nothing.
I have run the perk many, many times and I have yet to see any value from it - nor hear even a fabled rumor that it may have had value at any point in time. It is beyond useless. A waste of code and pixels.
Shadowborn or Beast of Prey. (probably Beast of Prey because even though Shadowborn doesn’t really do anything… I still love it for being it’s own thing, and it’s pretty mean on Blight)
Edit: numbers messed up on me
Beast of Prey:
doesn’t help you in chase
Undetectable statues effect does nothing in chase
Undetectable ends immediately after chase
Takes up a perk slot for something like Hex: Ruin or Pop
Shadowborn:
Doesn’t help you in chase
the only time this will help find survivors if they’re in your FOV already
after the perk got changed to be ineffective against iron will, it lost all of its value. If I wanted to be able to hear survivors better, I'd just turn the game up.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Furtive Chase
Predator.
Monstrous Shrine. Absolute garbage perk.
Of the perks listed in the poll Beast of Prey is the worst, stealth is mostly pointless during a chase.
Monstrous Shrine
I see a lot of repetition for Monstrous Shrine, but at least it does something. Beast of Prey is a legitimately useless perk, I can't think of a single scenario you could get value from it where a simple mindgame wouldn't achieve the same result.
At least with Monstrous Shrine people die quicker in the basement. It's not much, but it does something you could hypothetically see value from.
This is correct. It actually makes the game harder. Beast of Prey is only useless, Predator makes it harder to track people at a distance.
Unnerving is actively detrimental to the Killer if the survivors arent bad at the game since it makes generators and heals go faster.
Furtive chase is useful when you need to change the obsession. I guess it was more useful with the old DMS, but there are some other perks that do literally nothing.
Territorial Imperative is useless.
Predator is probably the only killer perk in the game who hinders you.
Territorial Imperative feels worse than Beast of Prey fpr me, because at least I could be under the illusion of doing something!
Unnerving Presence can be useful under pressure, and Overwhelming Pressure is oddly decent against flash-light sqiads who aren't prepared fpr the sudden lack of juice in their torches, but yeah that's me looking for the most generously descriptive views of those perks.
Monstrous shrine
Yeah, now that it doesn't save your hook from permanent sacrifice destruction it is horrible
Brutal Strength. IT doesn't do enough now for players. Followed by "FIRE UP".
BBQ needs NERFING so people have to work for their hooks.
monstrous shrine isn't even good in meme builds.
Monstrous Shrine does basically nothing.
At least the other perks sort of do something. Beast Of Prey is bad, but it can mess people up sometimes. You may even see value out of Overwhelming Presence. MS though? You might get 6 seconds off of a basement hook if you're lucky. It legit does nothing.
I have run the perk many, many times and I have yet to see any value from it - nor hear even a fabled rumor that it may have had value at any point in time. It is beyond useless. A waste of code and pixels.
Shadowborn or Beast of Prey. (probably Beast of Prey because even though Shadowborn doesn’t really do anything… I still love it for being it’s own thing, and it’s pretty mean on Blight)
Edit: numbers messed up on me
Beast of Prey:
Stridor
after the perk got changed to be ineffective against iron will, it lost all of its value. If I wanted to be able to hear survivors better, I'd just turn the game up.