MMR doesn't exist

title. i did a experiment quite simple: i seached a match and leave the lobby shortly after i joined in a lobby with 3 killers,1 that i use quite frequently (pinhead), 1 that i use sometimes (hillbilly) and the last one that i NEVER use (spirit). the game kept giving me the SAME 4 survivors all the time... i did this expeiment more than once and the results were identical...

Comments

  • @Tostapane said:

    title. i did a experiment quite simple: i seached a match and leave the lobby shortly after i joined in a lobby with 3 killers,1 that i use quite frequently (pinhead), 1 that i use sometimes (hillbilly) and the last one that i NEVER use (spirit). the game kept giving me the SAME 4 survivors all the time... i did this expeiment more than once and the results were identical...

    That does sound very odd. I wonder if it's a region issue.

    I've been playing like a mad bastard over the last few days, and while SBMM is so borked right now that it needs a collar and a little bowl, probably due to the glut of survivors playing right now and a lack of killers plus oodles of lobby dodges - I'm definitely seeing different people.

    I hope the announced changes go live soon. Hopefully they help the situation, because this is the first time that it's consistently feeling like Ranks did, and that's not a good thing.

  • I just started playing again last week after about 1+ year and when I first started it kinda felt like MMR was working for a few days and after that it just seems pointless. Doesn't matter what killer I play it's all the same. I either get sweaty squads or new players. Doesn't seem to be a consistent middle ground and that goes for playing survivor also, but survivor games seem to favour putting you up against new killers on quite a regular basis.

  • Well so much for that backfill problem they supposedly solved with the mid-chapter.

  • When did you do that experiment?

    If it was this week, i wouldn't be surprised if matchmaking is deactivated at the moment due to the ratio being way over 4:1, closer to 12:1 or something due to the recent chain of changes and the start of the event.

    Also other necessary information would be time of day, crossplay on/off and if off the platform you play on.

  • @gilgamer said:

    Well so much for that backfill problem they supposedly solved with the mid-chapter.

    I dont recall them saying it was going to be fixed with the mid chapter itself. Maybe a future patch. Could be wrong tho

  • @selflessnea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774662#Comment_2774662

    I dont recall them saying it was going to be fixed with the mid chapter itself. Maybe a future patch. Could be wrong tho

    They said they'd work towards fixing it implying they will likely be testing it and since it's something on their end they also probably dont need to actually include it in an update.

  • This is expected if you've been playing your main for a while.

    Before MMR was introduced it was collecting data in the background. Your MMR is based off of your most played killer at that time.

    It is not based off of individual killer play before/after that time.

    There also is no decay for not playing killer (though one is expected soonTM).


    Unfortunately, this is still MMR behaving as BHVR planned...