Solo Queue Buff Suggestions

I realised that I've not actually talked about what I'd want to see for making solo queue better, and while I don't have that many ideas, I do think it's worth sharing the thoughts that I do have since that was quite explicitly requested by the devs themselves!

So, for a little context, I personally play Killer a lot more than I play Survivor, but when I do take on that other role it's always in solo queue, and at what must be a pretty low MMR to boot. I am fully aware that there's only so much that can be done when at least half the real issue is that teammates in solo queue won't make good use of any information you give them, but I do believe we can do something to help bridge the gap all the same.

First of all: I love the idea of the status icons. I've seen the sentiment shared around that anything short of implementing voice comms for solos is half-assing a solution, and I couldn't disagree more; it's literally the opposite, adding in voice comms would be half-assed, leaving everyone without a mic, everyone who doesn't speak English, everyone who has a noisy home, and everyone who doesn't fancy getting abuse from strangers out in the cold. The status icons are a much more standardised way of conveying that information, always consistent and not dependant on a lack of a language barrier or the ability to convey information concisely. All for it, please do push forward with that change if at all possible.

Beyond that, I do think a few more things can be done. One thing that I really do think would be good is the ability to view your teammate's perks, items, addons, and offering before the game starts- not everyone has access to the pregame chat, which is currently the only way you could hypothetically gain that information. If you could see that your teammate has a certain teamwork-based perk, though, you wouldn't need to be on comms with them to at least attempt to help them get use out of it.

I'd like to end this list with something I know is far less likely to be added, but that I would really like- two more emotes for survivors. Not dances or anything silly like that, things that are intended to convey information the same way our current two are: I think a thumbs-up and a head-shake motion would be good ideas, to help convey when someone should stop doing something detrimental, or to show gratitude for a completed heal/other positive action. I don't think those would break the tone too much!

Comments

  • When DbD Mobile gives more pre-game info than the base game... yeah, something is wrong. Very unclear why we haven't gotten the pre-game perk,item, and offering info of our teammates yet.