Visceral-Rarity Cosmetics That Change Killer Power Appearances
I think it would be awesome if visceral cosmetics changed the visual appearance of killer powers, without changing them to such an extent that they were unrecognizable or it's not understandable what they do.
Such as, giving Victor an outfit (onesie Victor?) to wear, or changing the color of The Blight's goop splotches (green goop for Ferryman Blight!), or if there was snow covering Krampus's traps, or if there was a Nemesis legendary that changed the visual of the tentacle to match the theming of another enemy of the RE series or changed what the zombies looked like, or if there was a Waterfront Massacre Oni skin that turned his Konobo into a giant bloody pool noodle.
I feel that these types of visual changes would feel extremely impactful when equipping killer cosmetics, and feel like a worthwhile investment to spend money on something that feels like it overhauls the entire experience of what it is to play a character.
Comments
In light of the upcoming new Visceral-rarity cosmetics, I think this is a good opportunity to revive and refine this idea.
I am very certain that purchasable Power cosmetics that offered the chance to reskin Killer powers would be highly sought-after, and are a logical next step after or with the new Visceral-rarity cosmetics.
Assumedly, some of the hesitance against doing this might be the fear of creating powers that are too unrecognizable from their original state.
However, well-into Dead by Daylight's 8th year, I think that not only are DBD's Killers incredibly recognizable, but killers that have pushed the limits of recognizability such as the Birkin skin have proven that DBD players CAN recognize Killers under completely new scenarios. I think the excitement of things looking slightly different from match to match can keep matches feeling refreshing and exciting, and I believe the full power of customization for Killers will enable players to feel like they can create a Killer that truly feels their own.
(I think many would love these to be sold individually so they wouldn't necessarily be strictly tied to sets or Visceral-rarity skins, but I'm sure these would be appreciated in any way)
Imagining the possibilities (some repeated ideas from above):