God I still have tons of fun with Deathslinger
I am aware that he is definitely not as strong survivors now have a better prediction time but in my opinion it’s still in Slingers favor. And he also doesn’t feel clunky at least to me. Probably after playing new Billy nothing feels clunky to me. However the only complaint and change he needs is a smaller TR I think 28 would be good as it prevents the old issue with M&A. I don’t think he’s an F tier he’s still better then most killers.
Comments
Same here.
I do think he feels worse than he did before, which is a problem that should be addressed, but he's definitely still fun and definitely can still do work if you're good with him. I don't think he's moved in a tier list at all since his nerf, I think the buffs he and his addons got did juuuust about make it so he's exactly where he was before, for different reasons.
Slightly smoother gameplay feel for ADS turning and bringing up your gun, and something to do with his TR, are the only things I'd want looked at.
I've been having a lot of fun with him too. Starstruck and Agitation is really a great combo with his new terror radius. Some player dropped a RPD map on me yesterday, but I was trying out Distressing with Starstruck and Agitation. It was the most pleasant experience I could have had on that map, they had no idea where I was. I believe this makes me the first person to have fun on RPD.
I feel like anyone who claims that deathslinger is weak now has not bothered to try learning new strategies with him. He's still strong, his effective playstyles just more strategic, as opposed to reactionary. If you pre-aim around corners, use LoS blockers to your advantage, and fake shots, you can still have a lot of success with him.
Let's face it, insta-scoping was not particularly fun to play against. This killer has actual strategy to him now, so when he lands a hit against you it feels more earned. And playing as the deathslinger, he feels more rewarding to land hits with. It's like "hell yeah, my plan worked!"
I don't think he's that bad either.
I can’t find myself to enjoy him anymore. The slow wind up speed just makes him feel terrible to play to me.
They just made Deathslinger harder to play but didn't fundamentally change him or make him worse. It's the same thing with Hillbilly but Billy is still a great killer and fun to play. Don't be discouraged by people saying they nerfed DS they didn't really nerf him.