Anyone main Trapper?
I'm level 50 P1 and would like some tips from those who use him with great success. I understand since he is very bottom tier any competant SWF or Solo will most likely steam roll him... Maybe i'm wrong. If i am, show me some of the strategies and builds you use.
Thanks
Comments
Main tip I have is use corrupt intervention so you have time to set up some traps before gens start flying
Watch otz for his gameplays and tips.
Next time it's on SOS ill get it.. I have no intention of going up the route with plague.
He has great snowball potential if you can herd the survivors to your set traps. Only problem with him is that hes really only effective if you play as what survivor mains call "scummy" and camp and tunnel people out.
If you have the right add-ons equipped, you can get someone in the basement and just be the Great Value version of Bubba. Use Bloody Coil so survivors can think twice before disarming your traps. Trap the inside and outside of the shack window and trap one doorway. Haul a survivor into the basement and trap the other door way and wait with Insidious. This wont work against a SWF so if you suspect it, better to trap everything and just proxy camp while patrolling the nearest gens.
Otz on youtube is really good with Trapper, you should look up his videos, unfortunately, even he has gotten tired of how weak Trapper is as a killer.
I'm a Trapper main!
A lot of it is knowing where to place your traps on the fly. I'll echo Corrupt Intervention or Ruin/Discordance. You're going to need that slowdown if your traps aren't utilized properly (which they won't until you get experienced on your placement).
My go to for Trapper when I'm tryharding is Corrupt/Discordance/A Nurse's Calling/(Flex Perk depends on my mood. Right now my flex is Zanshin Tactics)
Sometimes I run with zero cosmetics to get survivors to let their guard down, which is nasty when you've played as long as I have.
I learned a lot of my Trapper skills early on by playing Dwight with Bond. I'd watch where survivors run and eventually you start to notice commonly taken paths that you might not think of while playing killer. Then I'd place traps there as Trapper and judge the effectiveness of the area.
BHVR is kinda being mean and "updating maps for enjoyment" and making survivors move differently but that's okay. It's all a learning process.
I will say my favorite spots are the grass areas in the corner of the shack and a little diagonal from the pig head on the game (where survivors drop down) and diagonal from the chair in the Dead Dawg Saloon where survivors drop down from the window near the generator. I'd avoid breaking walls so survivors have less options on where to run as well. Surefire escapes can become a death sentence with a well placed trap.
If you get someone in the basement I'd avoid putting down 100 traps. Just two or three at the doors and window is normally enough, then just go hunt and return when you hear someone snap a trap. They really should make a perk that stops that sound explosion from going off.
All in all, the biggest buff Trapper ever got was the release of new killers. Not a lot of people know how to deal with Trapper anymore. Use it to your advantage.
I play Trapper regularly with a few others and while I'm not a pro or consider myself good in anyway, I do at least 2k every match unless it's just an unlucky roll of the dice or I'm playing poorly.
Trap placement is important. Learning survivor pathing will help you decide where to place traps. Playing as survivor also helps me determine where I should place a trap - how would I run this loop? is a question I'd ask myself while setting up. If you're not good at looping, observe the good loopers when you're chasing them and take notes of common pathing by them to carry over to your next games.
I do like to do some mind games though like placing an obvious trap while setting a secret legit trap in the loop so after they disarm the baited trap, they'll loop me, hug the loop as tight as possible then step in the trap.
Places like shack or T / L walls I trap the corners. The drop down on The Game I trap the stairs leading up to it.
The better survivors you go against, obvious traps aren't going to work, try placing them in part of the loop they're gonna hug. Preferably, you'll want to set up around a good 3 gen as Trapper excels in protecting a 3 gen.
For perks, I usually run: Pop, STBFL, Corrupt, and I'll switch the 4th slot. Maybe Eruption, Surge, BBQ. Basically whatever I feel like going in that 4th slot but Corrupt is essentially a must for Trapper.
I will say though as a Trapper player: nothing is more satisfying than a cocky survivor teabagging, flashlight clicking to step in a trap two feet ahead of them. It's beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.