This One Might Step A Few Toes, But Is Perfectly Valid Thing To Say

I use to play this game a few years back when it was absolutely unbalanced and recently decided to return to the game, only to notice that the community is stuck in the past with "the good old days of DbD". It is a bit disheartening to see some good changes get ignored and the community constantly wanting to back to when the game was "better" only because the community was smaller. Back then the game promoted a bully culture, you either follow the rules the community self imposed or you werent allowed in the community. People constantly glorify that time and do so with peak entitlement.

People can play how they want, it's a game, and please stop imposing this bully culture like it's the past. It's not the past (thankfully) and any playstyle is valid. The killer can camp and tunnel, they can slug and swing at people on hook, it's fine. The survivors can t-bag and click flashlights, loop the killer and do generators, it is fine to do so. However none of the actions done in the game should result in harassment or attacking others because they play a way you dont like. People can play how they want, run whatever perks, items, addons they want, but you cannot go and harass/attack others because they do the same. It's a game, nothing more, nothing less, dont treat it like life or death.

I know a lot of people had made this very well known within the community, entitlement videos on YouTube, posts on the Twitter and forums. However with my recent experience of being DDOSed AND DOXed (I cannot use a VPN due to the platform I play on, or at least as far as I am aware) because of the way I play a game, I feel like it should be made more aware that people are allowed to play the way they want. It's a game, try to avoid stressing over others and focus on yourself.

If you have a few bad games, dont blame the opposing side, just reflect upon it, learn what to improve on, and go into the next match like nothing happened, it can be hard for many, but it's the right things to do. If anything is bothering you with a game, either play a different game or take a break, dont take out your frustrations on others.

Feel free to let me know your thoughts on this, stay well gamers, GL with your matches, and make sure to have fun! <3

Comments

  • 100% agree, I will never understand anyone who messages other people after a game complaining or insulting them or threatening them. You are allowed to be mad, hell I get mad sometimes but I will not go out of my way to try to belittle a person and make them feel like ######### for playing a ######### game that's meant to be fun.

    People need to check their egos, it's such a basic thing but it's like people are so unaware so God help us all.

  • Every time I see some one talking about how it was so much better when the community made up rules and killer in particular had to obey or it was Okey to harrass them cause they broke the rules it reminds me of wow. Same ######### there every one crys about the good old days where the most aspects of the game where controlled by some made up rule book and breaking that rules or even just enough people saying you did resulted in you having to change servers cause Noone was willing to play with you. I am amazed that from time to time we still have post here that some people want to make there own little black list with all the killer mains that apparently broke some rules so they never have to face them again ever

  • The only issue I have is that just because the game is more balanced than it was years ago, doesn't mean the game's current balance isn't an issue.

  • just reflect upon it, learn what to improve on

    Some things are just out of your control. Unless you want everyone to learn play only meta killers, perks, playstyle.

    This game is just a contest of who is using more / better resources and it feels like ######### when you lost because of something that has nothing to do with skill.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    just reflect upon it, learn what to improve on

    Some things are just out of your control. Unless you want everyone to learn play only meta killers, perks, playstyle.

    This game is just a contest of who is using more / better resources and it feels like ######### when you lost because of something that has nothing to do with skill.

    Some things are out of your control but there are many things within a match that you can control; even if the opposing side is using better perks, items, addons, etc, there is still an opportunity to do better and improve. You are bound to make mistakes in a match, it's unavoidable, so why not learn from your mistakes, or learn to make better and more efficient plays. There is no flawless play in DbD, there are just too many factors on either side to play flawlessly. I would try to avoid looking at the match negatively, and turn each match into a way to improve and take something positive from a match.

  • @Iron_Cutlass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2754552#Comment_2754552

    Some things are out of your control but there are many things within a match that you can control; even if the opposing side is using better perks, items, addons, etc, there is still an opportunity to do better and improve. You are bound to make mistakes in a match, it's unavoidable, so why not learn from your mistakes, or learn to make better and more efficient plays. There is no flawless play in DbD, there are just too many factors on either side to play flawlessly. I would try to avoid looking at the match negatively, and turn each match into a way to improve and take something positive from a match.

    And what to do if only mistake I did was not use better resources, or didn't tunnel fast enough?

    Or how do you learn not get validated? Should I respect all pallets? Well, then they will have lot of extra loops...


    What makes that feel bad is usually not that survivors escaped, that's normal with how they want to balance. Game is created in a way that guarantees escapes, so it's pointless to care about that. Problem is always how you lost and also how other side reacted to it.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2754563#Comment_2754563

    And what to do if only mistake I did was not use better resources, or didn't tunnel fast enough?

    Or how do you learn not get validated? Should I respect all pallets? Well, then they will have lot of extra loops...

    What makes that feel bad is usually not that survivors escaped, that's normal with how they want to balance. Game is created in a way that guarantees escapes, so it's pointless to care about that. Problem is always how you lost and also how other side reacted to it.

    Dealing with losing is something I address in the replies and in the original post, most people try and look at things negatively but lack the ability to acknowledge when they make a mistake, a decision you make in a game might be good, but it also might not be the best, there are a large amount of possible outcomes that cannot be accounted for. As I mentioned before, flawless play on either side is physically impossible, and losing can feel damning because you either dont know what to improve on, or maybe because the opposing side likes to take things to far and make it "more than just a game". You will have matches like that, and often with DbD, but again, there are still ways to improve on your side, and even if you feel like you got nothing from the match, Id still advise moving onto the next match, dont let anything or anyone hold you back. <3

  • @Iron_Cutlass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2754568#Comment_2754568

    Dealing with losing is something I address in the replies and in the original post, most people try and look at things negatively but lack the ability to acknowledge when they make a mistake, a decision you make in a game might be good, but it also might not be the best, there are a large amount of possible outcomes that cannot be accounted for. As I mentioned before, flawless play on either side is physically impossible, and losing can feel damning because you either dont know what to improve on, or maybe because the opposing side likes to take things to far and make it "more than just a game". You will have matches like that, and often with DbD, but again, there are still ways to improve on your side, and even if you feel like you got nothing from the match, Id still advise moving onto the next match, dont let anything or anyone hold you back. <3

    I always try to see if there was chase I should drop etc., but sometimes it's just not there.

    Yesterday I got only with SBMM while playing Pig, where my MMR should be quite low and got obvious SWF with classic 4x DH, 4x DS and then rest of mix meta perks, BT, unbreakable, prove thyself etc.

    While I was just testing pentimento, plaything. Only thing that I could change was a result 1k, or 0k.

    So best thing I can learn from that is not to play weak killers... Back to Blight I guess, nah just kidding, I don't plan to play for some time again.