Survivors working with the killer to grief me; reporting does nothing
"The Survivors are a team of four. They can choose to work together or to look out for themselves."
"Temporary Bannable Offenses: Griefing: Gameplay Abuse - Working with the opposite team to gain an advantage or grief teammates."
----
If I'm waiting for hatch or not unhooking other survivors, I'm not doing anything wrong, according to the in-game description of the survivor role. I may not be helping the team (especially if it's at my own risk), but I'm not actively hurting the team by griefing either, unlike them. They go out of their way to get the killer's attention and bring them right to me, and reporting them does nothing but waste my time.
Nos37 playing Dead by Daylight. View more Xbox clips at GameClips.io
Nos37 playing Dead by Daylight. View more Xbox clips at GameClips.io
Comments
That quote on the store page is the stupidest justification for the stupidest things in this game.
"If I'm waiting for hatch or not unhooking other survivors" are you then griefing your team?
No. I'm looking out for myself.
If I help, it is positive. If I work with the killer, it is negative. Leaving others on the hook is neutral.
The others are not looking out for themself, or else they wouldn't run to the killer and put themselves in danger. They just want to see me get killed, even if it costs them their own life (and some even hope to earn favor and a free escape from the killer).
I really hope they add my HUD idea so that the other survivors can see that I've been doing things the entire match before it get's to the point in the match where being near a gen or going for an unhook just means the killer 4ks, because that's all they see and they think it gives them the right to grief.
Play Jane and twerk for the killer, they will change allegiances in a heartbeat.
Using that quote is probably the worst way you can justify not doing suicidal altruism.
For your future posts.
You don't need to thump your chest and say "IT'S ALL ABOUT NUMBER 1 BRO, JUST CHECK THE STORE PAGE" to not do something like charge into a facecamping bubba when it's just you and the hooked survivor left.
It just makes it sound like you make your games 3v1s on purpose.
I'm not saying it deserves to be sold out to the killer but if youre not even taking a single hook stage and everyone else is on death hook/dead you are actively working against your team...
When I play killer if I know you are going to leave your last teammate on their first/second hook then I absolutely will let them escape if they rat you out. Rats get to escape, cowards don't.