Is Severed Hands Artist’s best add on?
Severed Hands:
- Any Survivors near a Survivor being swarmed by Dire Crows will also be swarmed.
I’ve been using this add on a bit lately with Discordance and Nurse’s Calling and it’s very strong. I thought this combination was just going to be fun and gimmicky but I found myself destroying survivors very quickly. I think good teams can counter this by just spreading out but against most players, you can see a lot of results with it.
Comments
I wish the description was clearer. What does it mean by “near”? Also, does it apply even while the survivor is repelling crows (I.e. if they run near another survivor while repelling)?
Those are good questions but I think the repelling crows thing isn’t necessary because survivors are most likely not going to repel near other survivors anyway.
It's her best.
Her second best is a brown addon.
Artist is a fun killer, but her addons are really meh.
Wish her iris were better. Garden of Rot is terrible.
They're both terrible. The feather is honestly about as useful as an empty slot.
One less birb is a big deal, and because of the way she works, they'll know roughly where you are anyway.
I would say feather is the better Iri of the two. I think BHVR is too scared to make strong Iri add ons for some reason.
I think their goal was to make all killer addons meh.
I'm not an artist main but I do use silver bell + thick tar which i found particularly useful on indoor maps, but other than that, her addons doesn't seem to have much of an improvement to her kit. you could argue that garden of rot is quite nice for zoning and it does catch survivors off-guard the first time they repel it.
Silver Bell and Thick Tar is a smart combo there. It does seem very map dependent though.
It is. I also like the extra bird for when I want a bigger shotgun spread.
Iri feather with purple egg I use it a lot its fun. Garden of rot with thick tar i get value out of. My fav though is Severed tongue with carrion/drawing or carrion with drawing. I also like charcoal stick it helps a lot with gen shots.