Item swapping/request item from other survivors
as per title, I would very much like a feature that allows you to request or swap items. I would bind it to 3, as an emote button. otherwise it could also replace the "r" button.
it would work like this: as long as you hold the button, (like crouching) your character reaches out with his hand, palm pointed upwards if he's empty handed otherwise just holding what item he has currently. other survivors nearby can press the same button near you to swap/give/take items. while nearby, you can see the prompt for the swap button as well as the icon of the item+add ons (just like you already do with items on the ground, so you don't cluelessly bargain a purple item for a brown one.) animation wise the arm would ideally move in the same direction you're looking at, as the head does right now. walking interrupts the action.
this would promote collaboration between survivor and spice gameplay up a bit. many times I've had teammates tunneled, on death hook, and I wish I could tell them "hey man, just give me your flashlight so I can at least attempt to save you, you don't need it anyway" but of course solo players can't communicate like this, unlike swf players.
another thing i tend to do is leave keys to other survivors if it looks like i will be the first to die. this really doesnt work that well though because often times im running behind them and they dont notice me repeatedly dropping the item on the ground for them to take.
those are just two examples but i could share many others.
it would also be very cute to offer an item at the exit gate to someone who saved you or was a good teammate, especially a rare item from a past event, so new players can experience them as well. whenever i try to do this they think im just spamming animations like teabagging, and dont take the hint that i want to gift them the item. then the killer comes and i just take it and leave so it doesnt go to waste lol.
last but not least it would be kinda funny. imagine begging the killer for hatch with this animation.
Comments