The worst system
Dbd implementation of SBMM is probably the worst I've ever seen.
It's such a janky system that even though it's basic AF in the terms of what it calculates, even that doesn't work properly.
Played my second match ever as the artist, it's a full swf with 3 brand new parts, all running dead hard decisive iron will and borrowed time, red forest offering.
I ended up with one DC (towards the end of the match when they were on death hook) and one kill. That's fine, we'll chalk it up to what would've been two kills. Which is fine, that's supposed to be the average so not complaining. But that's a very very sweaty squad to go against a killer I've played twice.
Then switch to my main who I 4k pretty consistently with. Nothing but baby survivors. Multiple matches in a row. The with the occasional decent survivors thrown in.
It's such a trash system. Like I get that y'all worked for years on this, how idk but y'all did. But just admit that y'all might've screwed up, trash the current sbmm system and go back to the drawing board. Cause what it is right now just isn't working.
Comments
They will make improvements to it. Backfill was causing both issues you described, more or less. So hopefully that is reduced in the next patch, if that was supposed to be the ETA for matchmaking changes.
The Backfill problem will improve, once we attract more players to the game or convince the disgruntled old cast to return. Just you wait.
They did say that, it's just sad it's taken this long to do anything about it. I'm holding out a little bit of hope though that they get it right with this change and it's not just another thing that they over hype and under deliver on. I want it to be an actually change, and not just a small tweak that does almost nothing.