Does DH *Have* to make the survivor go through killers?

Hello, I wanna start off the post by saying that Dead Hard is my most hated perk, so I may have a bias against it, but please try to here me out.

So, I know that DH is a distance perk and while it annoys the ever-living ######### out of me whenever it cucks me, I understand it's place in the meta and why it's needed. That being said, I don't understand why it makes the survivor phase through the killer's hitbox.

A good survivor who knows that fact can easily abuse it, allow me to explain.

You're chasing a survivor through a dead-zone, however there is a tile behind you, they are injured and you go in for the hit and they have DH, one of two things will happen, Option A: the survivor uses it to pop in 2 more meters before getting downed anyway, this would happen 9 times out of 10. Or Option B: the survivor will stop, quickly turn to face you, then use DH to go through you, forcing you to turn around and most likely giving them time to get to the tile.

Another scenario where this abuse happens is at loops with a LOS breaker (and before you yell at me, I'm not talking about popping DH to gain some extra distance in the loop) The same thing, they are injured, they have DH ready. You use the LOS breaker as a chance to do some spicy mind games, maybe double back into a moonwalk, whatever, you catch them off guard, then they DH through your hitbox and drop the pallet that was behind you on you.


The reason I hate this aspect of the perk so much is because it punishes the killer for making the outplay. If used in the proper way, not to mention it's a strong perk even without the things I listed. So I was thinking, would it possible to have the perk go off but you keep your collision? maybe gain the endurance status while it's up to keep the I frames? I feel like phasing through killers wasn't intended but is a side effect of how the perk is coded.


Also I figured I'd put this here instead of making a two line post, what if T3 nemesis' whip insta-damaged gens when hit with the whip? kinda like the pallets but saving the gen kick time? Let me know what you guys think!