there's no reason not to show us our mmr

I am going to keep this short, in the past behaviour said that they didnt show us our mmr because they didnt want anybody exploiting the system but now we know how mmr works so there is no good reason not to show the players their mmr.

Also the game not only has to show the player mmr it also has to show the mmr of their teammates to make the solo experience less miserable.

Comments

  • Yes, they have no reason NOT to show it. But I'm glad they don't.. I really don't want some number to focus on when I play. And there's a lot of people, like myself, who can get quite competitive sometimes even if it's just for bragging rights. But I don't think they want people trying to focus on doing everything they can just to win in order to raise their MMR. Sweat squads and camping would be even more prevalent in the game than it already is, because everyone would want to be at the top so that they could call themselves "the best". It's just not worth showing

  • Tbh im glad they dont show mmr. Cause then the number of people who take this game seriously will increase. Currently the best dbd is a memey dbd imho.

  • I want to see if it works.

    I'm pretty sure it doesn't but having official numbers would prove it one way or another

  • Yeah, it's one of the better changes they could make right now. Hiding it is very strange.

  • There are a few reasons not to do it!

    The biggest and most obvious one is: If people could see their MMR, they will probably end up feeling as though they're supposed to be increasing it. There's a number that they can make go up... so they're probably supposed to do that. It's a logical assumption to make, but since that's obviously not the case, the number shouldn't be shown.

    There are also a few others- generally it makes debate about the game even more miserable since people of low rank are discarded out of hand, for example - but the main one is that showing it to people would give the wrong impression as to what it's for.

  • It's pretty much the biggest flaw with this game. It literally gives me an incentive to lose cuz I don't actually know or care what my invisible MMR rank is.