The Gap Between Solo Survivors and SWF
The developers want to give more information to the player so a better way to do this is by buffing solo survivors without buffing SWF. Here are my solutions for doing this without being OP.
Having the ability to see your teammates perks, items, add-ons, and offerings.
This would be simple, you can see who the obsession will be (if someone runs a perk that increases your obsession chances) and you can have synergies such as two survivors running BT or We'll Make It and two survivors running leader or Deja vu.
Remove the ability to see the killer's perks, add-ons, and offering. You can still see your teammates perks, items, add-ons, and offerings in the score screen.
This is simple, SWF can communicate directly to their friends about what the killer is running while solo survivors cannot. Preventing this will nerf SWF and close the gap even more.
Have Kindred, ONLY TIER TWO, be built in to the survivor's kit. Kindred tier two ONLY reveals everyone's aura to each other when you're hooked.
This gives solo players information about who's gonna make the safe just like SWF can do. If the survivor closest to the hooked survivor hesitates to make the save, it's reasonable to conclude that the killer is camping and do generators.
Have a totem counter that appears for 10 seconds then quickly disappears when a survivor destroys a totem. Increase the maximum amount of totems in a trial by 5.
Solo survivors will now have proper tracking of totems just like SWF. The increase to totems will counteract the nerf to NOED and make survivors have to waste even more time to remove all totems to counter NOED.
That's all, tell me your opinion on WHY you disagree or agree with me. Btw, I have a meme for the fog travelers who don't tell me WHY they agree or disagree with me.
Having the ability to see your teammates perks, items, add-ons, and offerings.
This would be simple, you can see who the obsession will be (if someone runs a perk that increases your obsession chances) and you can have synergies such as two survivors running BT or We'll Make It and two survivors running leader or Deja vu.
Remove the ability to see the killer's perks, add-ons, and offering. You can still see your teammates perks, items, add-ons, and offerings in the score screen.
This is simple, SWF can communicate directly to their friends about what the killer is running while solo survivors cannot. Preventing this will nerf SWF and close the gap even more.
Have Kindred, ONLY TIER TWO, be built in to the survivor's kit. Kindred tier two ONLY reveals everyone's aura to each other when you're hooked.
This gives solo players information about who's gonna make the safe just like SWF can do. If the survivor closest to the hooked survivor hesitates to make the save, it's reasonable to conclude that the killer is camping and do generators.
Have a totem counter that appears for 10 seconds then quickly disappears when a survivor destroys a totem. Increase the maximum amount of totems in a trial by 5.
Solo survivors will now have proper tracking of totems just like SWF. The increase to totems will counteract the nerf to NOED and make survivors have to waste even more time to remove all totems to counter NOED.
That's all, tell me your opinion on WHY you disagree or agree with me. Btw, I have a meme for the fog travelers who don't tell me WHY they agree or disagree with me.

Comments
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/30342/brainstorming-swf-vs-solo-balancing-ideas#latest
Or they simply give us ingame voice comms. But even then, other games consider the advantage of picking your own premades that big that they introduce separate ranked queues for premades
The last thing I want to be reminded of when I'm playing a horror game is how many of my teammates are literally babies.
This would be pretty good. Then the devs wouldn't need to nerf swf directly because everyone will technically have the same amount of important info.
The doubling of the totems is one of the many forms of balancing that I suggested in proposing the Six perks system (https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/28160/six-perks-system), but it seems to me decidedly excessive in this case: one or two more totems, at most.
Now your punishment...
Hell no. It didn't work for Friday the 13th, the developers regretted it.
Voice comms within the team, not with the killer
Still. They said because they want it to be as immersive as possible and I believe they have it down.
On console some people make Party Chats with random groups, I don't mind but I enjoy being alone.
"STOP FACECAMPING ME YOU ######### NOOB #########!"
"COME GET ME YOU #########! YEAH, YOU BEHIND THE ROCK! I DONT CARE THAT HES CAMPING, SAVE ME!"
"WHY ARE YOU TUNNELING ME WHEN THAT GUY IS BEHIND THAT WALL?!"
"YOU FARMED ME! #########!"
I like the ideas. However, in my opinion, it should be Kindred Tier 3. I mean swf survivor can communicate directly to each other if a killer is camping or not, so it's only fair for solo survivors to have the ability to see the aura of killers. Just finding out if a killer is camping by looking at what other survivors are doing isn't the same. If someone gets hit near the hook for example, what then? How are the other two survivors supposed to tell if the killer is chasing the survivor or if he's staying at the hook? I mean sure watching that survivor a bit more will reveal that to you, but it's still time wasted that swf survivors don't have to waste.
Also, I would add Bond to the base kit as well, at least when survivors are injured. This is another advantage swf survivor definitely have, finding each other to heal.
Also, I don't mind your changes to the totems, but not as long as NOED exists. That would be an insane buff to NOED, making it pretty much impossible to get rid of all totems in order to prevent NOED from activating. Having to cleanse 10 totems would be ridiculous.
Really? Despite the disadvantages of solo survivor I still find playing solo survivor very enjoyable.You know as long as you don't get camped, but that's on the devs to finally nerf camping. i find you can still do really well even as solo survivor team, but it's a lot harder. It's not only about balancing though, the ranking system can also really screw up the solo survivor experience, since players of very different skill levels can all play at rank 1.
Let's stay on topic.
Agreed. I have a lot of fun solo.
Good to see. I'm pretty sure many people who played solo survivor are still playing, it's still plenty of fun. However longer queue times of killers can not be ignored, to me it's obvious that one of the next changes needs to be a buff to solo survivors. Also nerf camping, I feel like I'm saying that in every post I make. It's just even as a killer main I'd much rather get gen rushed by a crazy good 4 man swf team than get camped by any killer. Such a frustrating strategy to deal with, yet can be so effective for killers even though it doesn't take any real skill.
Nobody will force you to use voice comms, you can always mute specific players or even disable it completely, but it's a necessary step for swf balance
I don't see how the one has anything to do with the other. Looping is just a way for survivors to survive longer, what the hell are they going to do otherwise?
While camping is just standing in front of the hook just to get a kill the easiest way possible. Killers can still just play the game normally, but survivors can't just ignore looping. It's what buys their team time and lets them survive for longer. Obviously there are a few maps that have too many safe pallets and not enough mindgameable pallets, but that's just flawed map design. Thanks to the pallet density nerf, I feel like killers definitely seem more powerful now, even M1 killers, even though they can still struggle quite a bit.
Also looping a killer for quite some time takes some skill, camping doesn't. Not at all.
If killers need any help against long looping, it's finally nerfing gen rush so that killers have a bit more time to deal with survivors. However before they nerf gen rush they need to nerf camping.
Do you really think voice comms is necessary? I mean I'd like some of the advantages that swf survivors have, but I definitely don't want to play with voice comm with strangers. By giving survivors certain aura reading abilities the devs won't be able to give survivors exactly all the advantages swf survivors have, but it would help close the gap between solo and swf survivors enough I believe. I mean I strongly believe there are a lot of people who don't want to play with voice comms, even once it's introduced to the game. With aura reading abilities, you are making sure that every survivor has the main advantages that swf survivors have now.
Exactly, looping just prolongs the inevitable. Neither is it funned being looped in circles and the survivor not even trying to escape, just abusing the same route over and over again, nor is it time efficient to follow a survivor into the loops.
additionally, survivors always throw themselves at the hook.
Yes I think they are necessary. if you dont want to voice comms with strangers thats fine, there are overwatch players (just an example here) that never use voice comm too. But please dont expect to be able to play competitively then because voice comms simply give you an insane advantage.
If someone wants to play casually and never use voice comms, thats fine ofc you should be able to completely shut them off or mute specific players, thats a no-brainer