Ability to sell map offering

Is there any chance that players could have the chance to sell map offering?

I get that they are part of the bloodweb and that you sometimes have no option but to buy an offering in order to get the perk/item that you want but I have never ever used one and I don't think that I ever will.

All that they do is clutter my offering screen.

Would it be an idea to allow the player to sell them, even if it was at 1/4 of the BP paid for them, that would be more useful to me instead of having 40 map offerings on each player that will never get used.

Cheers

Comments

  • I actually had an idea a while back that involved removing all offerings themselves, allowing you to redeem them for BP, and instead having rituals. Rituals are shared across all survivors/killers. The rest would work the same. You could select any one of them for the side you're playing, whether it be a ritual to be sent to a certain map, or to give bonus BP, or to call upon the entity for more chests or fog or hook distance. This would actually eliminate Them from the bloodweb, meaning you could focus only on addons and perks for that character. It would also allow you to farm BP easier if you want, which reduce the overall grind of the game without having to go through the hassle of changing perk tiers, in game bloodpoints gained, or anything like that.

  • That sounds ok but wouldn't it open the door to allow people to continuously trade in BP to go to the same map over and over again? at the moment you can only choose to be sent to a map for as many offerings you had for it, wouldn't what you are saying basically mean that if you can afford it you can choose it?

  • @conqueror_worm__ said:

    That sounds ok but wouldn't it open the door to allow people to continuously trade in BP to go to the same map over and over again? at the moment you can only choose to be sent to a map for as many offerings you had for it, wouldn't what you are saying basically mean that if you can afford it you can choose it?

    Oh I mean being able to choose without spending BP. The trade in for BP is for your old offerings.

    But how is that any different than now? Do you know that survivors or killers didn't choose a map offering because they didn't have one? You never come across a full team using all Haddonfield offerings? What you're saying already happens. But at the same time, there's a lot of people who never use map offerings. I don't unless I'm using certain offerings to play killers on their home turf. Like Freddy in Springwood, pig at the game, stuff like that.

    Killers also have an offering currently that would also be an offering then, where you can cancel out maps.

    And, this would actually allow Behavior to see if certain things are too strong or unbalanced on a consistent basis. Like hey, survivors are using Haddonfield rituals 80% of the time and their escape rates are shooting up because of it, maybe we need to tweak or rework this a bit to make it more balanced.

    Right now they can't see that because like you said, maps are limited to how many offerings people have, so data per match is inconsistent. This would actually improve their ability to know which maps or offerings to choose next to focus on.

  • I wish I could sell any offering. I'd instantly sell all the fog, luck, shroud, basement and hatch location offerings.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2740459#Comment_2740459

    I'd hold the basement offerings, only because the basement is a guaranteed chest if your trying to do a rift challenge for chest unlocks. Most of the offerings are crap lol

    My luck if I use it I'll end up on RPD or the Game where the basement is in the same spot anyway because the game hates me. ๐Ÿ˜‚