So Unhook immunity...after gaining control?

I know theres an immunity to being unhooked or getting yourself off, but this should have counted as "gained control", correct? Was there an adjustment made recently, or is it just buggy? I saw another post recently with this, and it was almost dismissed because of the close proximity, speed, and use of LF chainsaw, but I feel this is a pretty straightforward example of this...not working as intended? Or am I completely mistaken?

https://youtu.be/xOeayuKEPJ8

While I know this doesnt affect a ton of situations outside of camping or good patrolling/teleporting,  it would be good to know for sure if I should just chase for a few meters before attempting to re down them.

Comments

  • It's very finicky, there's another video out there where one gets downed the moment the HUD shows that they're unhooked.
    You can only chalk it up as a bug if you ask me.

  • This change simply hasn't worked properly since it was implemented. I've seen people take damage before and after they gain control and I have also seen the immunity before and after too.

  • ive said it before and i will say it again:
    this whole hook invu think is pure BS. the hook should be the place where the KILLER has the control, but now they even take that away? GG.
    its the same as "we punish a hook farmer by taking away BP from him and reduce his emblem quality when he unhookssomeone and that person gets hit within 10 seconds. on the other hand, we make this person invulnerable and give him his SB back, so the killer wont even have the chance to hit that guy in these 10 seconds" DEV LOGIC

  • It's bugged and I hope the Devs are working on it.
    Invu frames on unhook have been a bad idea from the get go, but these crap is stupid beyond believe.

  • Ahh okay so its not quite right. Thanks for the responses. Just had to make sure I didnt miss something.
  • I’ve seen quite a few occasions of this being bugged;
    - Saw a clip where a streamer as Leatherface chainsaws the Survivor who kobe’d, hitting him twice and the Survivor still makes the gate scot-free.
    - Personal experience saw a Survivor get knocked down instantly by a Huntress hatchet.
    - Went to whack the rescuer and got redirected to the rescued - knocked the rescued straight down.

    We all told the devs that bringing in hook invulnerability would cause more problems than it fixes, but of course they didn’t care.
  • It has been broken since the beginning, but its a killer problem......

  • Why does the killer also have to wipe their weapon as if it did damage?
  • The patch notes stated that the invulnerability was only until the survivor gained control of their character. Clearly the survivor was in control and running when you hit. So obviously it's a bug.

  • Killer problem. I expect a fix for late 2020.
    Or they'll claim that it's not a bug, but a feature.
  • Yeah I've actually had this happen a number of times to me. First couple had me confused, I hit someone and I'm doing the animation but no one is down/injured besides the hooked person

  • Doesnt work properly either ways