What an absolute let down of a mid-chapter patch.

No changes to dead hard.

No changes to boons.

No changes to any killer besides nerfs to add ons, or tiny buffs to add ons that don't bring them anywhere close to desirable to use.

Solo survivor in general buffed "so that we can buff killers accordingly," alongside 0 killer buffs.

Useless perks ever so slightly less useless. Oh boy, Furtive Chase doesn't lose tokens, now it can be equally worthless all game.

Comments

  • I get that you didn’t get what you wanted. These are still good changes.

  • Good changes yeah Twins really needed that nerf

  • Completely agree. Other than the accessibility changes and potentially Boil Over and Power Struggle being somewhat more useful, these changes are extremely forgettable/bad, to the point they shouldn't exist.

  • Completely agree, there are a few decent changes, but otherwise this could have just been a bug fix patch instead of a mid chapter.

  • Most of this is pretty good? I mean, sure, nothing's being buffed to particularly amazing levels (save for maybe DMS and Boil Over), but nothing's actually that bad either. Maybe a few addons that didn't need nerfing, but even those haven't been nerfed into the ground, they'll still be usable- and the majority of changes were buffs, too, killer addons overall got buffed.

    Some weak perks/addons being buffed and some accessibility options makes for a pretty good patch, to me.

  • @jesterkind said:

    Most of this is pretty good? I mean, sure, nothing's being buffed to particularly amazing levels (save for maybe DMS and Boil Over), but nothing's actually that bad either. Maybe a few addons that didn't need nerfing, but even those haven't been nerfed into the ground, they'll still be usable- and the majority of changes were buffs, too, killer addons overall got buffed.

    Some weak perks/addons being buffed and some accessibility options makes for a pretty good patch, to me.

    They were not nerfed to the ground, but it still wasn't needed and there is still nothing to test except two perks...

    Maybe if they made other addons viable instead, those wouldn't be overused. Some addons are overused, that's what happens when most addons suck...

  • @jesterkind said:

    Most of this is pretty good? I mean, sure, nothing's being buffed to particularly amazing levels (save for maybe DMS and Boil Over), but nothing's actually that bad either. Maybe a few addons that didn't need nerfing, but even those haven't been nerfed into the ground, they'll still be usable- and the majority of changes were buffs, too, killer addons overall got buffed.

    Some weak perks/addons being buffed and some accessibility options makes for a pretty good patch, to me.

    If the nerfs to those add-ons are so minimal, why include them at all in the first place? I don't get it.

    The changes seem pretty random, like they literally had to fill the second part of the Dev update somehow really fast, so they just took some random add-ons and nerfed them for the sake of the Dev update only having 5 lines of text without those changes.

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732656#Comment_2732656

    If the nerfs to those add-ons are so minimal, why include them at all in the first place? I don't get it.

    The changes seem pretty random, like they literally had to fill the second part of the Dev update somehow really fast, so they just took some random add-ons and nerfed them for the sake of the Dev update only having 5 lines of text without those changes.

    I think there is quite high chance it's true :D

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732656#Comment_2732656

    If the nerfs to those add-ons are so minimal, why include them at all in the first place? I don't get it.

    The changes seem pretty random, like they literally had to fill the second part of the Dev update somehow really fast, so they just took some random add-ons and nerfed them for the sake of the Dev update only having 5 lines of text without those changes.

    I'm not defending them, I'm saying that the patch isn't an absolute let down because two addons got minor nerfs they didn't really need.

    Most of the content is pretty good, it's nice to see weak perks and addons getting buffed, and some of them might actually be usable now. Especially Boil Over and Dead Man's Switch, those might actually be quite strong now.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732668#Comment_2732668

    I'm not defending them, I'm saying that the patch isn't an absolute let down because two addons got minor nerfs they didn't really need.

    Most of the content is pretty good, it's nice to see weak perks and addons getting buffed, and some of them might actually be usable now. Especially Boil Over and Dead Man's Switch, those might actually be quite strong now.

    I completely agree that it's pretty nice to buff weak Perks, it's just the way how they buffed some of them.

    Furtive Chase is still a useless Perk with no use other than the Obsession switching.

    The buff to Buckle Up doesn't make it good or usable, it still for some reason does have the range limit, and even if that was removed, nobody would use it, because it only gives you information you already know or can guess pretty easily.

    Remember Me got a good buff, however there is a much better option that does work on everybody, it's No Way Out...

    The buff they gave to Distortion doesn't really solve it's issue, that being finite amount of Tokens. Just make it give you tokens for save unhooks.

    Power Struggle buff does only make it stronger with Flip Flop, otherwise I don't see it pretty good on it's own, but I might be wrong.

    Coup de Grâce got a good buff, but it's still worse than it's PTB version, and the PTB version wasn't very good either. I wish it would give me more Tokens somehow.

    Gearhead, Boil Over and DMS buffs sound interesting tho, the only thing that's exciting about this Developer Update.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    I get that you didn’t get what you wanted. These are still good changes.

    Are they though? Cause I'd beg to differ.

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732686#Comment_2732686

    I completely agree that it's pretty nice to buff weak Perks, it's just the way how they buffed some of them.

    Furtive Chase is still a useless Perk with no use other than the Obsession switching.

    The buff to Buckle Up doesn't make it good or usable, it still for some reason does have the range limit, and even if that was removed, nobody would use it, because it only gives you information you already know or can guess pretty easily.

    Remember Me got a good buff, however there is a much better option that does work on everybody, it's No Way Out...

    The buff they gave to Distortion doesn't really solve it's issue, that being finite amount of Tokens. Just make it give you tokens for save unhooks.

    Power Struggle buff does only make it stronger with Flip Flop, otherwise I don't see it pretty good on it's own, but I might be wrong.

    Coup de Grâce got a good buff, but it's still worse than it's PTB version, and the PTB version wasn't very good either. I wish it would give me more Tokens somehow.

    Gearhead, Boil Over and DMS buffs sound interesting tho, the only thing that's exciting about this Developer Update.

    It's just that we waited three months for several unwanted changes (addons nerfs) and three buffed perks (to a decent level).

    It would be fine, if it was like each month thing, but those are just number changes...