I have crawled through the muck and felt pain

TLDR at bottom

Okay, I've broken multiple bones, had two root canals, and had a finger that was so badly infected that they were considering removing it. To save it they had to cut it open without anasthetic so I could soak it in hydrogen peroxide. I mention this as I recently completed something in DbD that was comparable in terms of misery.

What was that you say? It was unlocking Legendary Survivor as solo queue. That was painful and it was 20% due to killers and 80% my teammates.

First of all, to pip up at Iridescent you need at least 3.33 gens completed, 2 safe unhooks and 2 health states healed, 45 seconds of being chased, and surviving for 9 minutes. Oddly enough, unless you can avoid being downed period, escaping doesn't help pipping that much.

However, if you're tunneled and facecamped say hello to depipping. If the killer afks say hello to depipping. If your fellow survivors let you one hook say hello to depipping. At times it was three pips forward, two back and a lot of it came not from killers but because if your teammates hide in lockers on death hook leaving you and only you to do gens, or if they one hook, or if they let you second stage and then unhook you while being chased by the killer and don't take a protection hit say goodbye to your progress.

So once I had three pips at each level of Iri I waded into the muck. DS, BT and DH came out. Map offerings ensured that it was just Lery's, RPD, the Swamp, Coldwind, Eyrie of Crows and, as dirty as I feel remembering it, even Haddonfield were the only maps I saw until I had five pips.

I would lovingly hoard my med-kits and sing their praises. I would rejoice at the presence of a Mikaela especially if they also did gens (but not too many; I still needed my 3.33 gens).

Eventually, I reached the achievement. My meme builds are back. DH will forever after only be seen on David King. Now that I have this achievement I will forever more not care about Iri 1 as a survivor and, one day, I hope to wash the shame I feel from playing multiple Haddonfield offerings from my memory.

TLDR

Getting Iri 1 as a solo queue survivor is painful. A few of my teammates made it even more painful.

Being able to heal yourself is super powerful.

Killers need to facecamp and tunnel to stand a chance against sweaty survivors. Survivors need to bring DS, BT and an exhaustion perk to stand a chance against sweaty killers. I do not find either style fun and am going back to chill games.

Maps are unbalanced and the majority favor survivors.

I like hyperbole, drama and being wordy.

Please don't make this an us vs them. The problem when games are unfun isn't the other side trying to win; it's how the game is balanced right now.

Comments