Solo survivor is miserable...

So I am actually looking forward to these changes!

Comments

  • I always have fun when I play survivor solo or otherwise.

  • It's a great start, and I'm excited both as a killer and solo survivor, but there's a few things that won't be addressed.

    -Having good information will improve teammate decisionmaking, but it's the old 'lead a horse to water' adage. How many times have I run Kindred and nobody's bothered to get me? Or how many times have I watched all three survivors sit together on the same gen while I dangle on a hook? SWFs get to pick their teammates and can avoid derpbuckets and self-serving players; when SWFs play with bad teammates, it's usually because they're coaching their friends how to play the game and don't mind taking the hit. While information is good, nothing short of voice comms can get random players to make good decisions (and even that can't make players do anything, it can just tell them the right thing to do if they're not figuring that out on their own.)

    -Building on this, MMR. Better information means solos are slightly less likely to fall into the idiot teammate pit of doom, but slightly is only slightly and facing worse killers is still a death sentence when two or three of your teammates don't know how to play the game. MMR still punishes survivors for losing, unlike killers where dropping your MMR will unequivocally get you easier matches.

    -SWFs still have way better information than solos will; the HUD only covers a portion of what comms can. Even without communication, knowing your teammates' perks is a massive influence on decisionmaking and coordination, which isn't included in the current proposal.


    I'm very happy about this, but I've still gotta temper that with some caution - it won't fix solo queue on its own.