Looking for tips with Billy
Howdy, I'm new to these forums.
So I enjoy playing Killer and I've been mainly playing Doctor but I'm starting to get bored of Doctor and wanting to give Billy a shot.
I'm looking for any tips as to strategies and perks/addons to use with Billy. Keep in mind I don't have any of the DLC Killers however I have the shards to get either Spirit or Clown and I'm debating on getting one of them. I want to start branching out and trying more of the killers and I want to start with Billy.
Thanks.
Comments
BBQ is really nice on billy, try to grab it in the shrine.
I recommend spirit over clown if you wanna play them, the clown has bamboozle though
billy is a fun hero first off when learning to play him you must be aware of a few things at all times. one is learn each map and where obstacles are go to kyf to do this it pays off. you also want to practice quick turning with the chainsaw sprint this can be hard to master but is very efficient. and a very important thing you need to know is billys chainsaw should not primarily be used for downing instead use it as a sprint burst to reach a survivor then use your hammer as your lunge will usually reach a survivor by that point these in my opinion are the three fundamentals in billys game play.
as for perks and addons i recommend strangely enough no addons except for the ones that decrease charge time only because the other addons might mess with your flow in learning the character similar to the nurse.
as for perks keep your eye on the shrine of secrets for any one of these perks or level up the character that carry's the teachable
bbq and chili (cannibal perk) auras are nice but the real reason to use it is because mad bloodpoints
make your choice(pig perk) when zooming around you can can close the gap on a rescuer and down them with your mallet quite fast
nurses calling(nurse perk) when zooming around patrolling gens you will often stumble across auras behind trees and such
hex ruin(hag perk) this is needed in the higher ranks
and other than a few of those perks alternating with whichever ones you may like you have yourself a pretty standard billy build. just remember to play variety with killers as i find maining one may rank you up a lot and net you a large amount of wins but it quickly becomes stale. hope this helped
awesome thanks.
I do remember the one time I played Billy I had SO MUCH FUN with the chainsaw sprint but I was so awful at it haha.
Play 100 games with your chainsaw only. Forget about the hammer and winning, just focus on planting the chainsaw in their backs. You need a very low sensitivity to control the whip. Hold the chainsaw until you see a good opportunity. Watch their jukes, you'll see a pattern and let go when they start to turn. Sometimes they run themselves into corners. Use bodyblocks to your advantage.
Be patient and only use the hammer as a last resort. As long as you're revving up the chainsaw behind them, you are in control, so dont rush it.
The rest is easy and comes fluidly while playing him M2 only, like mobility and sawing pallets.
lots of practice will help but just remember the chainsaw is your sprint and your mallet is your weapon if you prioritize downs with the saw you will have a bad time
So I should be running around revving the chainsaw right keeping the bar near complete and once I have an opportunity - go 100% right?
Yes, thats the most consistent way to hit them. Keeping it at a high charge takes some practice, but staying at 60-70% to not overshoot accidentally is alright, unless you're about to go for it, then try to keep it at 90% for the perfect timing.
Learn to whip your chainsaws, it will help a lo getting survivors who are circling you or trying to juke, one of the only things you need to master, as well as stopping your chainsaw before hitting an obstacle.
everyone here has great tips, and here's another one.
While charging up your chainsaw you move AT THE SAME SPEED as the survivor. That means you slow down a little when you pull it out, and as you charge.
This means you close distance with your mallet out, and then charge your chainsaw when they are within striking range.
here is an important thing to keep in mind:
eve nthough he has the oneshot ability, does not mean you have to use it to get the downs. billys chainsaw is mostly used for the movementspeed and map pressure, the oneshot ability is just a nice thing on top of that.
so what i wanted to say with this is: new billys often make the mistake and try to chainsaw the survivor, even if they could simply hit them with their melee and down them that way. survivors, especially skilled survivors will be able to dodge your chainsaw fairly easy, so if a guy dodged the chainsaw once or twice, just melee him. there is no shame in that.
nother thing against skilled survivors:
they will memorize your chainsaw charging time and dodge to the left or right, once the counter in ther head turned to almost zero, causing you to miss. just get the chainsaw to 99% and hold it there for a second, so they will dodge and you actually have the chance to follow their movement and then start the attack, which helps me out a lot of the time.
i hope i could help you! ^^
god damn thanks for the awesome information everyone! I get to start giving Billy a whirl today!
This is a tip that works for all killers.: Survivors tend to 360 the same direction every time. This is because the action required to do the 360 dodge is awkward, and requires both of your hands to go opposite directions (wasd and the mouse) so the action takes a lot of practice and comes down to muscle memory.
That means if you see how they like to 360, you can easilly hit them,and follow their sprint after, you can even make them sprint into corners.