I'm running out of obstacles.....
Game in game out with pig I try to bring the challenge to survivors in new and creative ways. But match after match I find myself in the same predicament. Gimmicks....always looking for another gimmick or game to play with survivors but I just can't..... Theres not enough gadgets or perks in this game to give me that sensation of "Oh ######### this game is going down like a stack of dominoes".
Blind? While exciting if you can get it going, the best perk with blind is a damn hex, ruining its application because of how ######### hexes are, and how easy they are to find.
Hemorrhaging? While great for me to track people down and get them to make more noise after being injured, its a boring status effect that doesn't have any real impact.
Mangled? Great perk for creating a more challenging match for survivors slows down healing, but sloppy butcher as a perk gets tiring for that slot as its the only perk that offers those tools.
Franklins? Awesome perk for upping the challenge of the game in an unexpected way, especially against survivors who crutch items or plan on using flashlights......but if nobody is using items....meh.
NoED? Great perk to lead into or let activate peaking the threat level of the game by exposing everyone. 1 more obstacle for them to get past 5 totems just to get rid of it.
Thano? Cool perk to compliment other status effects and create an easy consistent rate for slowing down gen progress.
Knock Out? Awesome perk to create an obstacle without using a hook, force people to go tracking down that lost person if they aren't in a group with friends.
Blood Warden? Great to combine with noED and raise the tension in the game to insane hights at the end of a match.
Make your choice? Cool idea for a perk and great decision making tool, but I don't usually run it cause its functionality is kinda meh, like theres no highlight to the exposed target or anything. So without the mobility of nurse and spirit and billy, its kinda hard to follow up with considering the range at which it activates and not having a highlight or something.....meh.
Most of the obsession perks I don't bother with cause they benefit survivors too much or some are just outright useless to pig.
And I stay away from full hex builds cause well....hexes suck ass....the benefit doesn't suck....but losing them is aids.
I've tried the unnerving presence giant terror radius type builds, overcharge and skillcheck type builds.
I've tried full heal prevention coulrophobia builds.
Haunted ground is probably one of the coolest punishments for completing an objective I've seen.
Even tried basement run downs with territorial emperative and things like monsterous shrine.
If I could run 6 jigsaw boxes every game I would but its expensive.
Double gear manipulation is another fun mechanic to mess with but also pretty expensive to keep running.
Razor manipulation on jigsaw boxes is cool with unnerving presence but requires me to camp boxes.
I dunno.... I just wish I had an extra perk slot or add on slot or new perks or some kinda versatility or added effect to jigsaw boxes to make the games more tense.....I love pig I really do, I just wish I had more.....something....
Options? More status effects? More methods to bring pain?
My therapist says I should just play another killer, but deep down I feel like I could make pig, so much more...ya know?
:origin()/pre00/f15e/th/pre/f/2017/134/2/f/doctor01_00_by_dalsegno2525-db977i6.jpg)
Comments
-Last Will
-Bag of Gears
-Jigsaw's Annotated Plan
-Crate of Gears
-Jigsaw's Sketch
-Tampered Timer
Then, as I go about general gen patrolling and chasing Survivors, I keep track of who hasn't appeared to be lucky enough to get their trap off in a reasonable time. If I find I can get to them without compromising the trial, I'll track 'em down and surprise them at a box, forcing them away and putting them at high risk of not getting the trap off in time. After all, why temporarily put someone off from working gens when I can potentially permanently do so? It ain't Jigsaw's game. It's Amanda's, and she don't play fair.
it will only amuse for a few rounds, but thought I would share.
I wouldn't mind it. Throw a survivor in a needle bath, other survivors have to drag them out risking injuring themselves in the process. If they ever modify pig in any way I want more varieties in tools. I mean sure the beartrap is the signature, but given the scenarios everyone encounters in the SAW movies...theres room for so much more.....variety... I mean hell, what if I could have an add on that applied deep wounds when you failed a jigsaw box.......Or what if I had an add on that made survivors drunk as if they'd been hit with a clown bottle when they have a bear trap on.
Theres just so much possibility.....
Easy.
New pink add on is obsession based.
Death is a Surprise Party: Start the trial with 3 bear traps. The obsession of the trial starts the trial with a shotgun collar, this shotgun collar is linked to 1 of the survivors randomly. The obsession may not have a bear trap placed on them, and may not remove the trap via jigsaw box until it is activated. The obsession has Aura reading of the survivor they are linked to and can see that survivors icon in blue. The obsession gains 50% more altruism while helping that survivor. The obsession also receives 50% more healing speed when healing that survivor. Should that survivor die the Shotgun collar activates. Upon finding the correct jigsaw box the collar is removed. On the other hand failing a jigsaw box results in the shotgun collar exploding. Attempting to leave through the exit gates results in the shotgun collar exploding. Should the survivor linked to the obsession survive via exit gates or hatch the collar is deactivated.
(I thought about making the shotgun collar explode immediately upon the linked survivor dying, but considering the human condition, that may lead to trolling Also since the boxes are preset, it allows some counter play for SWF groups who can memorize or attempt to memorize which jigsaw box they were at upon removal.)
Shotgun Collar
Ultra Rare Add-On
A special trap for a special game.
-You become obsessed with one Survivor.
-You begin the trial with 1 Shotgun Collar.
-The Aura of a Survivor wearing a Shotgun Collar is revealed to the Obsession.
-A Survivor's Altruistic Speed is increased by 50% when helping the Obsession.
-Shotgun Collar triggers when a Survivor searches an incorrect Jigsaw Box or when the Obsession is Sacrificed or Killed.
EDIT: I finally realized that you meant for the timer to start ticking when the linked Survivor dies, not for the collar to go off. Whoopsie on me for misinterpreting what a Trap "activating" means. Let's try this again:
Shotgun Collar
Ultra Rare Add-On
A special trap for a special game.
-You become obsessed with one Survivor.
-The first trap you put on a Dying Survivor is a Shotgun Collar.
-The Auras of a Survivor wearing a Shotgun Collar and the Obsession are revealed to each other.
-A Survivor's Altruistic Speed is increased by 50% when helping the Obsession.
-The Shotgun Collar timer starts when the Obsession is Sacrificed or Killed.
-The Shotgun Collar triggers when the Survivor searches an incorrect Jigsaw Box, when the timer expires, or beyond the Exit Gate.
(I don't see the benefit of the Shotgun Collar wearer being unable to search boxes until the timer starts counting down, since the Collar would presumably still explode on the first wrong box, so it's in that victim's best interest to wait as long as possible. I also understand why in your idea, only the Collar wearer would know who their linked Survivor is, but I'm not sure adding a Status HUD icon that is only ever relevant for a single Killer add-on is terribly elegant when the Obsession status fills a similar role of randomly designating a player as something?).
I feel you; sometimes survivors are so monotonous.
The Shotgun collar! It was only in number 3 so I forgot all about it, damn that would be such a great adddition to her. It would be just like the movies too because not all games were about saving yourself, your fate was not always your own, sometimes your life was in someone else's hands. This is beautiful, it can be tweaked a little of course but the idea is fresh and fun hey @not_Queen I hope you're an appropriate person to tag in this,any thoughts on this? Are the Devs giving Pig any thought after they finish Freddy?
The idea comes directly from the movie, the obsession is the one who is supposed to have the shotgun collar on and they start the match with it. The idea comes from looking at the relationship between Lynn and how she must keep Jigsaw and Jeff alive at all costs in order to survive herself. This job is given to the Obsession to get 1 survivor to survive at all costs. With a twist that the survivor knows that the shotgun collar exists, in the same way that Lynn has to rely on Jeff to survive the challenge. And should Jeff die or fail, she dies as well. Ideally though I did leave out a specific caveat that deactivates the shotgun collar should the person they've been saving the entire time leave through the exit gates or hatch. Allowing the obsession to leave as promised. (whether or not amanda the pig allows this final escape is another thing entirely, but at least you will be free of the shotgun collar.)
In the movie Jeff doesn't know that Lynn has some device strapped around her face, but Lynn becomes fully aware over time that Jeff is in fact taking the real challenge. Now in Dead by daylight the obsession isn't going to sit around a surgery room and stand there holding M1. But he obsession can monitor the link in the same way Lynn could know what Jeff was doing. But in contrast, the person they are tied to via the shotgun collar should be kept alive at all costs because their own life depends on it. In the end, it is still a game that can be won, but information is not given to the pig as to who the person who needs to be saved is. Pressure is built up upon the obsession to be heroic. And given that the obsession has tools like decisive strike, and other methods, if given the motivation they may be the hero after all. In the end the game is fair, they have the chance to get out if they lead their team to victory, or suffer an explosively surprising death should the link to their existence die. And with bonuses like 50% altruism points and 50% more heal speed, those mods can be boosted even more to allow the obsession to play the role of do or die hero.
Your simplification of the game though isn't fair. The obsession being the target gives the pig an unfair advantage, since you could simply just focus the obsession, knowing full well that as soon as they die the unlucky soul with the shotgun collar will die shortly after. By giving the shotgun collar to the obsession automatically, it forces the pig to make a choice between 3 other survivors that she has no way of knowing are being challenged to survive.
Ok now that the idea is clarified it still sounds amazing. Most people ignore the Obsession anyway and if the Pig has the oppurtunity to use that to her advantage that's awesome. She can down the Obsession, hook them if possible but overall she'd be focusing on everyone else hoping that they are linked to the Ogbsession. Survivors can say it's unfair but you don't need to escape to have a good game and having D-Strike makes you more powerful than the avergae Survivor and even if you don't have D-Srike the Pig will probably ignore you anyway giving you more oppurtunity to get the Gens done and do some saving meaning more points. This is awesome and to be completely honest this could be a great perk if it isn't turned into an addon. I know the Devs are on holiday right now so I'll definitley be tagging someone again when the studio is open again because this is super helpful for Pig or any killer.