How To Fix Cheaters Dodging EGC/Making Match Last Forever

Devs can fix infinite Endgame Collapse pretty easily:

When EGC hits 0, a hidden timer comes into play; It lasts however long the death animation from EGC takes, then forces everyone to the results screen, provided the result screen is not being called already, while giving the Killer the points he would earn from each Survivor still in the match.

It basically adds a new 'game end' trigger, since the current one is based off 'If Survivors Alive <1: End Match' (This is simplified, but you get my point). So Survivors with infinite health prevent the EGC from killing them, which prevents the match from ending.

By adding a NEW timer that just shuts down the match after EGC; this exploit/cheat is bypassed.

And if they want to be REALLY sneaky; they add the ability to quit out of a match 30 seconds after EGC hits 0; so if script-babies manage to dodge around this; Killers can leave without punishment.

Comments

  • I'm pretty sure the cheaters can just stop the egc timer but know that they don't need to.

    A better system would be something like allowing the killer to end the game early after the first gate has been opened or hatch has been closed. Of course there should be a timer to this but I don't know the best way to implement that with out it being able to be altered by a cheater. This would be similar to a dc but nothing is lost from either side by doing so

  • i think dc penalties shouldn't apply if the egc timer has ended

  • @selflessnea said:

    I'm pretty sure the cheaters can just stop the egc timer but know that they don't need to

    I don't think they can. Some things are client side, some are server side, and some are host side.

    I'm not big into the hacking scene, but I'd imagine telling the server to stop the timer for everyone would be next to impossible. At best; they could stop the graphic of the EGC timer going down on their screen, but the server will keep actually counting down.

    This is what leads me to believe the end-game-trigger is based on 'SurvivorsAlive <0' instead of any timer; it's a quick, clean way to end a match. But it also leads to problems when a Survivor can cheat infinite health. Which makes me think health-states are client-sided. Thus, the server asks what health the Survivor is at, and the Survivor says 'healthy'.


    I could be way off; I'm not even skilled enough in coding to have a job. But this just feels like it's the right idea.


    @AnneBonny said:

    i think dc penalties shouldn't apply if the egc timer has ended

    Yes, this was also in my idea. Turning off DC penalties if the EGC hits 0. I set it to a timer (Say, 30 seconds after EGC hits 0) to prevent any sort of frame-perfect disconnects right at 0.