What did you expect?
When going in as a survivor, what do you expect of the killer? Personally I go in thinking if the killer finds me, I am dead. That's right, I know if the killer gets me they will do whatever possible to ensure I die quickly. I don't count on being rescued or that I will have to be hooked 3 times before death. I treat every game like 1st hook is death hook. Doing so has allowed me to out survive swf as a rando. So why the bad attitude with killers just doing what's in their title?
Comments
That you have to blame on the ranking system that allows every pleb to climb
usual thinking process of many survivor mains:
"i can loop and troll the killer around all day and give him no chance to catch me. when he eventually does, might it be due to my own mista - i mean the killer ######### internet connection and lagswitching- or the killer simply outsmarting me, i want second chances up the ace, so i can bully him around as long as possible and have my fun."
my theory: survivors hate losing more than anything. so a lot of people who just cant stand losing pick the survivor role, as they quickly realise that this role has all the power. on the other hand, they give a ######### about actual balance, as they just want their free wins, so they start crying for even more, really unnecessary nerfs for the killers (e.g. camping).
This is a good attitude. By that, I mean, being mentally prepared for the worst.
Kudos.
I try not to have any expectations in a game. Given how many unknown variables there are (random map, not knowing which killer you’re against, 5 sets of perks in the game, plus add ons and offerings, etc) I find it hard to predict how a match will go until a couple of minutes in and even then I’ve seen a solid end game turn into a massacre and a lost cause become a victory.
Though I will agree with @DemonDaddy that the first time I go on the hook I tend to assume it’s game over, that way any rescue is a welcome surprise lol. My typical gameplan though is to run Dark Sense and stay as far away from the killer as possible.
I want to try and make sure they have fun, and I have fun.
Best way to do that, imo, is to have a decently long match before the last sacrifice, or the gates are open. Unless I'm killer, I'm not likely to throw a trial, though.
Of course it goes out the window when they go toxic, or decide I'm not going to have fun.
I try to be stealthy and not blast through gens mindlessly to make it as short as possible.
I do what I can, or have to though I'm not super great at rescues.
As a killer, I try not to snarf up survivors. I like long matches. Multiple chases, multiple hooks, hooking multiple people if I have the opportunity and it's not some transparent survivor strat.
I will patrol camp unless it's someone hooked when the gates are open or they're troublesome, or toxic.
I mean, yeah, both sides have objectives, but doing them as fast as possible is boring, and I know I'd hate it if I were on the other team.
Usually in a trial there is some daredevil that will kite the killer as long as possible, and it isn't me.
I chill out at the start of the trial, and wait for someone to get chased, then I get away from the chase to do gens, and basically use everyone else as my dark sense, stating back as much as i can to help ensure people have a chance to escape. Gates preferably, but hatch in a pinch.
There are usually survivors. Sometimes I let myself get hooked to buy them time to escape.
I expect the Killer to be merciless.
As a solo Survivor who plays stealthily & immersed, I expect hatch; unless it's The Shape, Doctor, or Hillbilly, then I expect death (if it's Nurse (on console) I expect to get out through the exits for obvious reasons).
I need to start lowering that expectation because recently I've had so many matches where I'm not found or downed for the entire match, but somehow end up dead before I can hatch out. This has caused me to rage quit and lose all the points from the entire match, and now my DC percentage is getting too high. not_Queen mentioned a ban system coming to console soon, so I need to go into every match expecting to die if found, just like the OP does, so that I can lower my percentage.
Are DC percentages measured across Killer & Survivor, or is it measured by whichever of the two is highest?
Edit: Then again, if I just presume that I'm dead on my 1st hook I'll rage quit as soon as I hit the ground...