I don't care anymore

I'm sick of bringing non toxic perks just to get tunneled and camped and so my teammates can also be toxic while not doing gens

Like it's bs that I'm trying to be nice to killers and then to be the only person hit with noed after doing gens

While also helping my teammates

(doing gens/taking hits/unhooks/etc)

While they're teabagging at the exit gate when they already got noed out and one of then has bt

I've tried three builds today and all had the same outcome and they weren't even toxic

So I'm done trying not to be toxic

Am I the ######### here?

Comments

  • Perks aren't toxic. Nothing is toxic unless it's BM or to annoy. So run whatever perks you want and play how you want. You just don't have to BM them, unless they did it first.

  • @BubMickey07 said:

    I'm sick of bringing non toxic perks just to get tunneled and camped and so my teammates can also be toxic while not doing gens

    Like it's bs that I'm trying to be nice to killers and then to be the only person hit with noed after doing gens

    While also helping my teammates

    (doing gens/taking hits/unhooks/etc)

    While they're teabagging at the exit gate when they already got noed out and one of then has bt

    I've tried three builds today and all had the same outcome and they weren't even toxic

    So I'm done trying not to be toxic

    Am I the ######### here?

    Play how you want to play.

    Don't be nasty.

    If you can reconcile these two, you'll be fine.

  • I don't play this game without DS personally.

    Killers tunneling like ###### ########

  • Problem here is what happened isn't toxic.

    I'm not saying this out of malice or to troll but...

    You don't really earn or deserve anything because you are trying to be "nice." Running a meta build isn't toxic just as running a non-meta build isn't a benevolent gesture requiring reward.

    If you find certain things in game triggering then its kind of a you problem and you can learn to not get upset about it or you can run tools to avoid it.

    What you really can't do is use it as an excuse to actually be toxic to others. I mean genuine toxicity, abusing team mates or opponents, or griefing or cheating as defined by BHVR. These things are toxic.

    Getting face camped at 5 gens, going down to NOED, BM'ing at the gates, flashlight clicking, locker stuns, bleeding out, none of these things are toxic they are just game mechanics. Its up to you to not get triggered by them, learn to play around them or run perks to avoid them.

    Personal example I find repeated flashlight blinds annoying and BM'ing at the gates for the entire endgame collapse unnecessary. I run lightborn a lot to avoid the former and I spend the EGC breaking things and farming up bloodpoints to get the most out of the wasted time. This is all on me though, and I don't let it upset me, and if it does I stop playing because it should be fun and if it isn't you gotta take a break.

  • Four "toxic"s in what? Like one paragraph? Yeesh.

  • Even if you want to "be nice", that really shouldn't be about what perks you run. Anyone that claims running X perk makes you less nice should be ignored, as they're blaming you as a player for what's actually a grievance they have with the game itself. In other words, they're a good old scrub looking to shame you into compliance and they don't deserve being taken seriously.

    If you just refrain from doing stuff you feel would be annoying to others while playing, you're being 100% "nice" no matter if you're perkless or running full meta.