I wonder why no one is playing killer? (Small rant, please be sympathetic to the other side)

I'm a killer main, and I generally enjoy the role, however, I just played a match against a TTV that made me beyond frustrated that I immediately switched to survivor after only one match.

For context, this is a TTV in a 4-man SWF, I entered their chat, said my pleasantries and proceeded to load into the match. I'm Demogorgon, and we loaded into Haddonfield. So I already know that I'm not going to have a pleasant experience. For the entirety of the game, the survivors were very efficient, splitting up, doing gens, holding W incredibly early (which on Haddonfield.. bruh), body blocking for each other, using COH. Fine, all of these things can be frustrating for me as the killer, but the survivors should do these things, it helps them survive, naturally.

However, because of the nature of the map and how the survivors are playing, along with the fact that I'm Demogorgon with trash perks (Spies from the shadows, jolt, bitter murmur, BBQ) against their meta perks, I can't win by playing ''fair and nice'' as they put it. It's taking too long to down people because they're holding W on a survivor-sided map, so to apply pressure, I decide to camp hooks more and patrol. By doing this, I squeezed a 3K out, and yes, it wasn't interesting and I could tell it wasn't fun for them, but I did it anyway, because I wasn't going to allow myself to have 2-3 chases with zero kills by the time all the generators are done.

Load into the post-game chat, of course, everyone is salty, upset, toxic, and telling me that I face camped every hook and that I shouldn't have bothered to ''GL & HF'' in their stream if I was going to do that. I explained my position, got practically ignored with my reasoning and then told that I shouldn't face camp because X Y Z reason that wasn't even valid in a debate and that if I can't win without camping, that I should just accept my lose.

It's the sense of entitlement and double standards that makes me hate playing killer. Survivors expect killers to not play at their most efficient when they do so themselves, and that the killer merely exists for their pleasure and enjoyment. Forget about the killers enjoyment right? Let's bring COH, Haddonfield, Hold W extra early, meta perks, 4-man SWF with comms and then expect the killer to accept the bullying and loss.

Honestly, just have more sympathy for killers (and for the other side in general).

Comments

  • @NOEDENJOYER said:

    I'm a killer main, and I generally enjoy the role, however, I just played a match against a TTV that made me beyond frustrated that I immediately switched to survivor after only one match.

    For context, this is a TTV in a 4-man SWF, I entered their chat, said my pleasantries and proceeded to load into the match. I'm Demogorgon, and we loaded into Haddonfield. So I already know that I'm not going to have a pleasant experience. For the entirety of the game, the survivors were very efficient, splitting up, doing gens, holding W incredibly early (which on Haddonfield.. bruh), body blocking for each other, using COH. Fine, all of these things can be frustrating for me as the killer, but the survivors should do these things, it helps them survive, naturally.

    However, because of the nature of the map and how the survivors are playing, along with the fact that I'm Demogorgon with trash perks (Spies from the shadows, jolt, bitter murmur, BBQ) against their meta perks, I can't win by playing ''fair and nice'' as they put it. It's taking too long to down people because they're holding W on a survivor-sided map, so to apply pressure, I decide to camp hooks more and patrol. By doing this, I squeezed a 3K out, and yes, it wasn't interesting and I could tell it wasn't fun for them, but I did it anyway, because I wasn't going to allow myself to have 2-3 chases with zero kills by the time all the generators are done.

    Load into the post-game chat, of course, everyone is salty, upset, toxic, and telling me that I face camped every hook and that I shouldn't have bothered to ''GL & HF'' in their stream if I was going to do that. I explained my position, got practically ignored with my reasoning and then told that I shouldn't face camp because X Y Z reason that wasn't even valid in a debate and that if I can't win without camping, that I should just accept my lose.

    It's the sense of entitlement and double standards that makes me hate playing killer. Survivors expect killers to not play at their most efficient when they do so themselves, and that the killer merely exists for their pleasure and enjoyment. Forget about the killers enjoyment right? Let's bring COH, Haddonfield, Hold W extra early, meta perks, 4-man SWF with comms and then expect the killer to accept the bullying and loss.

    Honestly, just have more sympathy for killers (and for the other side in general).

    I mean, salty people are salty people. Good on you for wishing them well and don't take what they say to heart. But, I would also caution you from taking a 4 man SWF as 'ALL SURVIVORS'. No, most people do not think this way, or care. It was crappy of them to get on your case, but they are 4 people out of a player base of thousands.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2719392#Comment_2719392

    Again, I am not going to tell a group that Camping is boring even if my idea of it is different. I am going to move on get my points and go.

    If someone tells me that they had a boring time because I camped them I don't try to debate, because it isn't up to me to decide what is/isn't boring to them. However, there is something to be said about it since many people on these very forums complain about it because it is very common.

    I mean many people call for dead hard nerfs and boon nerfs but those are no where to be found people mad about camping are just that, mad

    That's all they are is mad

    Like others have already expressed and you've probably experienced it ik I have but sometimes picking up and hooking is a bad play

    Hell I just got out of a game where I played hag and everyone had flashlights and defs in a 4 man swf or really coordinated cause they swarmed me every time I downed any body

    Now let me ask you two questions after I tell you that I won that game

    1: do you think I won because I picked them up and hooked them?

    And 2: would i have won that game if I did pick up?

    I mean technically speaking I should've picked them all up and got a full 12 hook game in according to the survivor handbook

    But I also would've lost lol 😅

1 2 ›