What are the odds of getting more Left 4 Dead content in DBD?
Not a new chapter, but rather an expansion on what we already have.
From what I know, it is easy to struck a deal with Valve, but one of the terms seems to be that the "guest" content must be free (or so I think, I might be totally wrong about this). So it must be not that lucrative for Behavior, since they won't be able to profit from it. Maybe someone knows this topic better then me, so I'm curious: is it possible for this game to get more Left 4 Dead content in the future?
I think ideally we could get Nick outfit for Ace and Lois outfit for Adam + Coach as a legendary skin for Bill. I can't see any existing survivor fitting for a Coach outfit. I really want him in the game :(
I guess more people would've loved if each current (and possible future) L4D survivor outfit to be reworked into a proper legendary survivor, but I feel it would be too much. This isn't freaking Nazi Zombie Army games.
Comments
It is a real pity that the L4D content came long before legendary skins were a thing. With most of the other characters at the time getting cosplay outfits, it feels like had the option been there, they probably would have gone the next step.
I think you're right about "free" being baked into the contract. Even as recently as this May, all of the L4D stuff was on the free track of the Forsaken rift. Even the charms were all free, and that is not usually how rifts are structured (usually it's a way more even divide between the killer and the survivor's stuff being mixed on each side.) So that does mean low incentive for BHVR to create more stuff.
Love your username, btw. :P