Just a thought on fairness...
SO right off, this is probably going to be perceived as a shitpost. But...
Survivors seem to "ask" that Killers not tunnel...right? Back in the day, "tunneling" meant ONLY going after 1 person NON-STOP until they were out of the game, ignoring every other opportunity that is thrown in your path...NOW it seems like most survivors cry "TUNNEL" if you haven't hooked every other person once before even SWINGING at them....can someone from the survivor side clarify why that changed?
To be fair...can I ask that survivors not tunnel gens? I am not talking about gen rushing...that is a dirty word. But, if the killer finds and takes the time to chase you off a gen...can I ask that you all go attempt to make sure you have individually gone to EVERY other gen and try to repair it first before coming back to the one you just got chased off of? I mean, if it is Toxic for me as a killer to go after the "objective"(survivor) that already has progress(hook states) on it...then it should be fair to say that survivors who come back to touch the gen you just kicked are "tunneling and not giving you a chance as the killer to play the game....
Think of how many more chances for chases we would all get! Chances for survivors to escape....or for killers to catch. Now...I know what you are thinking survivors...
"Why would I cross the map and touch EVERY other gen before daring to touch the gen I had at 50%? It CLEARLY makes more sense for me to finish what I already started, especially since it is actively losing progress while I voluntarily do this kind of thing."
It is ABSURD for me to ask that of you right??? Can you NOT see how survivors asking you not to tunnel or hell, even camp is just as absurd to ask?
You don't see offensive linemen coaches crying and screaming "unfair! Throw the flag!" when the defensive line calls a Blitz and sacs the QB. Fact is...there are times to blitz (tunnel) and there are times that hedging your bets on a pass (perhaps camping) and times to play a little more balanced. These are the plays that are in the toolbelt of a killer and you should not "SHAME" him for doing them to make your ego feel better.
The reason survivors have this "rulebook" is because they want to scare killers into playing with one or even two hands behind their back. It reminds me of playing some game with a really young cousin or sibling, wherein you have to "go easy" on them because they don't have a chance otherwise. Scare them in a way of CONSTANT VERBAL ABUSE in postgame chat if they dare to make a move. Like if you were to use a queen in chess...powerful, effective...part of the game....annnnnd also a "how dare you?" thing that survivors complain about.
Please. change my mind. If survivors agree to GIVE me hook states and spread ALL repair on gens then I will not tunnel and camp. Until then, can I get someone...anyone from the survivor side to admit that they agree with what I am saying? You can't have it both ways...if I am asked to...outside of the rules....go and hook you all in a special order...then you would have to do gens that way too. Would you do this if it meant no tunnels and no camps??? Think about it....would you tie that arm behind your back? Because I want to know.
Comments