The logic behind a dh nerf
I see a lot of posts saying dead hard is OP but there’s not too much to back it up except ramblings of frustrated players, so let’s try to look at the situation from a logical standpoint. In my experience, DH is used in about 60%-70% of the survivors I go up against (I am not guessing, I actually did a sample size). With 8 exhaustion perks, this should be much much less. Hence why DH should be put on the level of other exhaustion perks to encourage perk diversity.
Another interesting point is Coup de Grace. This is essentially the killer dead hard, it increases the lunge range to get a hit where you normally would not be able to get a hit, where dead hard gives you a quick lunge to bait a killer into missing a hit they normally would be able to make; however, unlike the survivor dead hard, this is limited to a 5 time usage. I’m sure we could all agree that if this was a cool down perk, it would become almost as used as ruin undying in the meta. Killer to survivor balance, even if you wanted to argue that the killer should be on equal standing with the survivors, I’d still argue for the DH nerf due to Coup de Grace being so limited.
Comments
I'd say DH takes more.
DH is earned as in getting injured
Dh takes skill as in "Oh (Bad Word)" Killer is about to swing
Dead Hard's huge problem is it's server validation. By itself there's nothing wrong with but most of the game isn't server side and that's where things become a problem. When you have this singular thing like DH being server side when the other 80% isn't you're gonna end up with problems like false screams and killer powers being eaten completely by it. I've already said this before but there's only two ways you can go about fixing Dead Hard. You either move the WHOLE game server side which fixes the validation for good but that's extremely costly and time consumiing so the only other option is to just rework the perk completely. If things stay like they are then Dead Hard will continue to have unintended side effects to it that'll bug out the game. My guess is that BHVR are probably just going to sit on Dead Hard until hit validation causes such a huge problem that they'll have no choice but to take action.
Dude the ######### people say blows me away
Tell you what why don't you load into a game and use Sprint burst to make it to a pallet and see how much time that buys you then load into the next game immediately after and see how much time a dead hard for a vault or pallet buys you
Then tell me which one was harder
I wanna know the result honestly I really do
Cause ik if I do that test ik what I'd answer
Its not though and killers have hated it for a long ass time. Perks and killers that actively ruin the other sides enjoyment are horribly designed and dead hard is literally just giving you and extra health state in chases.
That's not the use requirement for either DH or SB, though.
SB gets value no matter when you use it. Even outside of chases, you can sprint to objectives for faster unhooks or gen-tapping.
DH only gives value if you use it to push to a new tile. But that still requires you to greed it out on your current tile just right, which is a skill.
As much as killers like to complain about DH requiring nothing to activate, it is the one survivor perk with the greatest amount of skill expression.
See. I told you. Somebody never uses his brain to think, no matter the game or the post.....