How do some survivors get so good at dodging?

A while back I had a game where I was playing as the Oni, and one survivor in particular was really difficult to hit. Constantly changing direction erratically, literally running circles around me, I couldn't land a demon strike on them. I know they weren't using Dead Hard because they didn't charge away.

A lot of the time when I attempt something like this, I get hit. So I can't help but wonder how do some people get so good at dodging attacks? Maybe I just have bad aim some days, but I've had this sort of thing happen a few games now. How do they do it?

Comments

  • Could be lag/latency

    Are you playing M&K or Controller? I think on M&K it’s easier to change directions quickly without slow acceleration while on controller running circles/360s are easier to learn


    also if you play killer on controller you will have worse aim than M&K

  • @Mooks said:

    Could be lag/latency

    Are you playing M&K or Controller? I think on M&K it’s easier to change directions quickly without slow acceleration while on controller running circles/360s are easier to learn

    also if you play killer on controller you will have worse aim than M&K

    M&K here.

  • then I can’t really give any tips as I am on Controller

    but I think especially Oni is easier to master on mouse, since flicking is easier to get those dodgy survivors.

  • Would you suggest playing survivor on controller?

  • @CheerfulSpirit said:

    Would you suggest playing survivor on controller?

    No, I wouldn’t.

    i think it’s easier to learn 360s on controller but I don’t think they are that essential. And you can still do them with M&K.

    i just personally can’t give you tips on how to dodge with M&K since I play on controller. I believe it’s even easier to change directions quickly or dodge range attacks on M&K!

  • @CheerfulSpirit said:

    A while back I had a game where I was playing as the Oni, and one survivor in particular was really difficult to hit. Constantly changing direction erratically, literally running circles around me, I couldn't land a demon strike on them. I know they weren't using Dead Hard because they didn't charge away.

    A lot of the time when I attempt something like this, I get hit. So I can't help but wonder how do some people get so good at dodging attacks? Maybe I just have bad aim some days, but I've had this sort of thing happen a few games now. How do they do it?

    If you try these jukes you SHOULD get hit. If you are the killer and are missing swings against good jukers you might be just being a little impatient. When you are against a juker, wait for them to do their juke and THEN hit them.

    If you watch a good survivor streamer playing against a really good killers these tricks usually fail.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/301428/how-do-some-survivors-get-so-good-at-dodging

    If you try these jukes you SHOULD get hit. If you are the killer and are missing swings against good jukers you might be just being a little impatient. When you are against a juker, wait for them to do their juke and THEN hit them.

    If you watch a good survivor streamer playing against a really good killers these tricks usually fail.

    I'm a bit late, but thanks for the tip :)