3 simple changes to fix dbd

Everywhere I look, I see a lot of complaints about changes to one side or another. These 3 changes would not only fix the problems, it would make the game better

  1. change the spawns, at base all 4 survivors spawn together on one side of the map and the killer spawns on the other side of the map. Remove some of the separation offerings. Make the shroud of separation on survivor.
  2. Cap the healing speed at 100% or 150% simple change so Instead of nerfing COH just cap the heal speed so it can’t be abused with other perks and healing won’t be as strong.
  3. This one might be controversial cause of Tru3 threads going around but here it is. Change Flashlight angle logic and locker abuse. Make it so to blind the killer you have to shine directly at the killers face not at the sides only at the face. When the grab from locker animation is done your immune to blindness for 1 second. This would make flashlights less bullshit while still keeping them the same.

You don’t have to add the 3rd change but the top 2 should be in the game, it would make the game so much better.

Comments

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    Everywhere I look, I see a lot of complaints about changes to one side or another. These 3 changes would not only fix the problems, it would make the game better

    1. change the spawns, at base all 4 survivors spawn together on one side of the map and the killer spawns on the other side of the map. Remove some of the separation offerings. Make the shroud of separation on survivor.
    2. Cap the healing speed at 100% or 150% simple change so Instead of nerfing COH just cap the heal speed so it can’t be abused with other perks and healing won’t be as strong.
    3. This one might be controversial cause of Tru3 threads going around but here it is. Change Flashlight angle logic and locker abuse. Make it so to blind the killer you have to shine directly at the killers face not at the sides only at the face. When the grab from locker animation is done your immune to blindness for 1 second. This would make flashlights less bullshit while still keeping them the same.

    You don’t have to add the 3rd change but the top 2 should be in the game, it would make the game so much better.

    Eh.

    1. I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean that they should all spawn together? That sounds like bad news on certain maps where the killer spawns at the middle and can already lose multiple gens if they flip the coin wrong.
    2. Boons as a whole need a tweak. Either snuffing the boon should break that totem, or they should go on cooldown after snuffing.
    3. Yes, absolutely. I've been on the receiving end of this too and it can be used to 100% take a match hostage. I'm amazed that this has never been changed.
  • Some offerings should be removed. We should only have ones to earn more BP, ones for Mori, and maybe the ones for the hatch to spawn (which is not as problematic as it was before now it spawns only when there is one Survivor left).

    I once was with three Survivors who played together, and the three of them had a sabotage build. Breakout, Saboteur, toolboxes, and three purple offerings--the one which increase distance between hooks. I felt so bad for the Killer, I even stopped struggling at a moment to give them a chance to achieve at least one hook (after they lost twice in a row the Survivor they were trying to hook). I don't know if the offering have made a big difference, but if the three of them took it, it was probably the case. It really felt unfair.

  • @TheMadCat said:

    Some offerings should be removed. We should only have ones to earn more BP, ones for Mori, and maybe the ones for the hatch to spawn (which is not as problematic as it was before now it spawns only when there is one Survivor left).

    I once was with three Survivors who played together, and the three of them had a sabotage build. Breakout, Saboteur, toolboxes, and three purple offerings--the one which increase distance between hooks. I felt so bad for the Killer, I even stopped struggling at a moment to give them a chance to achieve at least one hook (after they lost twice in a row the Survivor they were trying to hook). I don't know if the offering have made a big difference, but if the three of them took it, it was probably the case. It really felt unfair.

    Further hook offerings+sabo on some maps are another thing that survivors can do to basically take a game hostage.

    Haddonfield, Eyrie, Badham and Swamp have certain possible hook spawns where there is only 1 hook in a pretty large area, meaning that if you can keep that hook sabo'd, there is literally no way to hook from that position.

  • There are killers immune to locker flashlight save, Demogorgon and Ghostface as example, because they put their head a little inside the locker, so there's no angle to flashlights.

    Maybe BHVR could tweak the animations of all the killers?

  • @psionic said:

    There are killers immune to locker flashlight save, Demogorgon and Ghostface as example, because they put their head a little inside the locker, so there's no angle to flashlights.

    Maybe BHVR could tweak the animations of all the killers?

    Thats weird the killers with different height have a certain angle?

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/301039/3-simple-changes-to-fix-dbd

    Eh.

    1. I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean that they should all spawn together? That sounds like bad news on certain maps where the killer spawns at the middle and can already lose multiple gens if they flip the coin wrong.
    2. Boons as a whole need a tweak. Either snuffing the boon should break that totem, or they should go on cooldown after snuffing.
    3. Yes, absolutely. I've been on the receiving end of this too and it can be used to 100% take a match hostage. I'm amazed that this has never been changed.

    Basically what the spawn means is let’s say I’m on Coal tower all 4 survivors spawn at the tower and the killer spawns at the shack that’s how the logic should be. All 4 start on one end and the killer starts at the other end.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2706877#Comment_2706877

    Thats weird the killers with different height have a certain angle?

    It's definitely their animation. Ghostface does a little step up at the end of the locker animation, so the locker hides his face from the light bean.