Another day, another shameless hacker.
Like for real, when are the devs going to touch on the cheating/hacking issue?
Just earlier a Mikaela on my team was hooked in the basement, and I saw with kindred a Feng flying under the map from the gate to the basement, unhooked her, and then started flying under the map again to the gate.
I'm aware that it's impossible to prevent hacking with just software, but at least give us tools so it's easier to record and report them.
We need a replay system, so if we aren't recording at the time the match is happening, we can at least go back and record the replay.
Comments
I mean do you really want to trust BHVR on implementing a replay system? You know the same company that can't add one thing in the game without breaking multiple things at once? Tools to record are accessible with just a few clicks away, It's not a big of an issue as some people are making it out to be.
I'm not protecting the developers though they do need to fix this issue but you know just saying recording soft wares are easy to get and can start recording with a push of a button, same for consoles. Not sure about Switch though.
Yes, they're easy to get, but I dont want to have one open 24/7 just in case I find a hacker.
I've worked on an indie game that had a replay system. The team was made of 6 people. I'm sure if a team of 6 people can implement a replay system so can a multi millionaire company.
Why are you acting as if that's an issue or anything? Am I missing something here? It's not open 24/7. You literally just have to press a button when to start recording anytime. You can go about your daily life on your chosen platform to play DBD with and not even noticed that you have a recording software installed. You don't have to open any application every time you turn on your PC/Console, it's just there. Press a button it starts recording.
You can either download said recording tool with just a few clicks - virtually instant or you can wait forever for a potential replay system that's very unlikely. Pick your sour candy.
See. that's the problem. I, the player, have to download a software, so I can report hackers. I shouldn't be done one doing that. I shouldn't even need to think about that at all.
The developers are the ones who need to provide it, in the game itself, so people can simply replay it and record it from there.
In your own words "We need a replay system, so if we aren't recording at the time the match is happening" I provided you a solution - an alternative you wanted where it's impossible for you to not be recording at any given time. Now we're in a mental gymnastics you webbed up because you thought recording software are a hassle to set up and now you changed your stance conveniently. 🤪 Couldn't you have said this from the beginning?
Recording software is a hassle. A hassle that the players shouldn't have to deal with, and a replay system would fix that.
A recording software alternative that you wanted from the beginning but it's very convenient for you to suddenly change your stance from "In case we're not recording" to "Players shouldn't have to record" on the drop of a hat. Funny how you were entertaining this idea until I completely shut down your argument to say that software are a hassle to open 24/7.
Keep your story intact next time. It's okay to admit you were wrong and you weren't as tech savy as you thought you were. I'm not tech guy myself but that was pretty funny "I don't want to open one 24/7"
Is "you should be able to report other players in-game without using third-party software" really that difficult or unreasonable a concept?
Because never in my life have I played a multiplayer game where the in-game report function didn't actually work before DBD.
Seriously, how is your average player outside the forums even supposed to know that reporting a hacker with the in-game system doesn't do anything? The system is incredibly obtuse. The fact that they place a burden of proof that players can't satisfy without external downloads and constant running (aka CPU) is icing on the cake. Handling this stuff in-house is elementary.
Yes because that's now how he started his post. Do you not understand? I wouldn't be making that post otherwise if that's how he started the discussion. He entertained the idea of a recording software, I obliged. I don't like people changing their stances mid way because they don't want to admit installing recording software isn't that big of a deal. He acted like it was a hassle, I disagree and gave him facts then changed his story.Again keep your stories intact don't change your stories half way through conveniently for your own argument. (Not you by the way)
??? Nowhere in my post I said that the player should have to download anything, so I never changed my discussion.
It was obvious since the start that the player is not the one who has to have software to report hackers, the game itself should.
"so if we aren't recording at the time the match is happening," You implied this. Also why not say that in the first time I replied but instead you went on a charade about how much of a hassle it is. Could have just said "me no download, me not responsibility" and that would have been the end of it, instead you entertained the idea. stop changing your story mate
That is an exceptionally pedantic stance to take, to play devil's advocate on someone's argument over a bit of wording in one post that isn't even unconditionally what you've interpreted it to be. "If we aren't recording at the time the match is happening" doesn't intrinsically mean the player can record, it creates a conditional that excludes a much greater portion of the playerbase. People with recording devices who aren't recording at the time of something weird can't report. People who don't have recording devices are also not recording, so they can't report.
Edit: Granted, when I scrolled back up, the next paragraph undermines this and I will grant you that the implication was correct - but I still think that your stance here is needlessly pedantic, to continue harping on this after it's been clarified... what, three times? The replay system is necessary either way, because the game recording and saving match data is what's necessary to carry the in-game reporting system. I disagree that players should have to record a replay - BHVR should save that themselves. But evidently the OP also thinks that, so I don't see a reason to continue arguing about a point that was already unmade. People are allowed to clarify and adjust their stance over the course of a discussion, and there's not much to be gained in continuing to beat a point that's already been moved away from.
Didn't play devil's advocate it's me suggesting a viable option, only played 'devil's advocate' until later on. That's 100% what he meant otherwise he would have said earlier on but here you are making arguments for him? Are you him? Also the fact that he explored the idea even further says it all. Again if that's he meant he should have said it in the first place, Why bother implying downloading is a hassle? You have no reason to say that. Just say again "me no download, me no responsibility" it's that simple.