Current MMR experience
As killer if I lose (0k or 1k) I get easier matches. As survivor if I lose (dont escape) I get harder matches.
As killer if I lose (0k or 1k) I get easier matches. As survivor if I lose (dont escape) I get harder matches.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I have it weird. I soloQ and when I die I get better teammates and when I escape my teammates actually get worse.
That's exactly the way it's designed. The system's goal is not to give you a fair match, but to enforce an arbitrary 50% win rate.
If you won a lot, it will stack the odds against you and vice versa when you've been losing.
Had to escape with Ash.
Five games where we were 4k. Than i got a match where i didn´t see the killer the whole match and got out.
As killer i got destroyed as few times in a row and then got total new players i stomped (or let them go because 2 dcs)
Maybe the system balances statistically correct at about 50% - my experiences over the last days were not very good or fun at all.
I actually did an experiment to see how far I could climb if I never escaped (through the gates), but either got hatch or died. I am currently at tier 1 gold, and what I have noticed is. The killers never got easier, they all play relatively the same (my MMR was very high, when I started), but. The survivors on your team get MUCH MUCH worse. It just isn't worth it to drop your MMR to make the games easier, because the killers aren't getting worse, just your teammates are.
Last games were only good to very good killers. Last games we were all 4ked...
I am aware, my thoughts were, if I can get 2 pips without escaping through the gates whats the point? I would only be increasing my MMR, hypothetically making it harder for me to get the points to double pip, the better the killers get. What ended up happening is, no matter how far my MMR fell, the killers were all relatively the same skill wise. While, the survivors matched with me, continually got worse and worse. It is at a point now where if I get just one hook state, there is a 50% chance I die on that first hook.
That's just MMR being MMR. You have to lose multiple times in a row to start getting easier matches and even then it depends if there's a monster killer/SWF or a few complete newbie survivors sitting in the queue for too long.
Had 21 Matches on Solo Q
71.4286%. of those matches were 4 man escape. MMR is pretty easy. flex
I am very aware that MMR and Ranks are two different things. My thoughts were that if I am able to double pip and not escape through the exit gates, why would you? You would just be hypothetically increasing your MMR to face better killers that will likely keep you from double piping. What ended up happening is that, no matter how far my MMR fell, the killers were still all relatively the same skill. However, my survivor teammates drastically dropped in skill with every death I had. I got to the point, that with just one hook state, I would die 50% of the time.
After this small experiment I am convinced that it is not worth it to drop your MMR, to make it easier to rank up. The skill of your teammates is much more important than how good the killer is.
That is true - i had the most points in the last games. But doesn´t matter as he got me at last. One i ran through half of the map but can´t find the damn hatch...
My point/experience is as survivor soloq at least, if I don't escape my mmr drops and I get paired with worse teammates. Doesnt matter if I run the killer for 5gens etc if i dont escape I get worse teammates (for the most part) thus creating a catch-22. Much harder to escape with bad teammates, thus mmr just keeps dropping.
Also im red rank so that essentially means I'm playing more this month than people with lower ranks. But their mmr could be the same as mine even if they havent played all month lol.
EDIT: forgot to add with the previous system when I was red rank (and ranks meant something) i was paired with other red and purple ranks usually and they were good. All bringing the bt and wont leave me to die.
as killer getting good loopers ,as solo surv i get boosted apes Il rate it 5/10
Yeah thats why as killer im happy with a 2k lol. Also I find matches especially killer very dependent on the time, if i play at night where i live usually get swfs and god loopers.