The Rare Killer Predicament
I`m sure you know, The Demogorgon was never one of the most played killers in this game. It got up a bit after his rework and in the countdown until he was pulled from the stores. And now, after nobady can buy him anymore he will be played less and less and less. And thats a shame, because i realy enjoy playing against him and as him. But that is NOT the reason for this thread. The thing is, because he can be seen as the most rarest killer in dbd, he will be tried out by some new or old players, who got themeselfs the dlc befor it vanished. like this one guy, who wasnt exectly a newbie, but we could hardly call him expirienced. i played against him, he the demo, i the surv in soloqueu. After some gens, he got beaten to the ground by more expirienced players, who constantly body blocked, pallet- and flashlight saved and sabotoured hooks. that wouldnt have been the problem either if it would have been just those actions in an adequet quantity and without the usage of tbagging infront of a stunned killer. So after the match i asked him, and he told me that that would be it for a long time until he would touch the demo again.
Why did it happens? Did he tried a killer he had no expirience on? yes. was it visual in his play style? yes times 100. Did he just use action wich are just stupid and can be used against him very hardly? Yes. Did those (i suspect toxic swf team, but i have no proof on that) survivers made his life harder than it had to be and would the managed to escape even if they hadnt done it? YES!
And that is the thing, not just with the demo but with all rare killers. Theire interesting to play as and against but hardly anyone playes as them because they dont have much expirience, cant use them right and gets bullied for trying to get better until they rage quit and will return to used killers with used perks.
Comments
Demo is probably my second most played killer after Hag. Aside from RPD being a mess for him as he can't easily put down portals in many areas, he's...pretty balanced.
However, something about him seems to encourage groups to act the fool and be incredibly nasty. It's probably because:
I'm personally drawn to the rarer killers, because opponents likely won't know exactly how to play against them. Demo is a very difficult killer to learn, because his kit is extremely unforgiving and quite complex.
How can someone get grabbed off of a Gen by Demogorgon? His footsteps are as loud as a piano falling down the stairs
I've gotten pretty jammy at it. Soda+the Iri that makes portal emergence silent and putting portals down near gens but out of sight = at least 1 epic grab per match. And boy do people not like that.
Sounds funny, not sure how effective that is. Do you have any "funky" Perk combos that work on Demo? I've recently been experimenting with Playtimento which works surprisingly better on him than other Killers, maybe because I can protect the rekindled Totem more consistently with the Portals
Hold on a second! a privilige? "ashamed of the privilige?" what kind of freaking facebook midleaged white f*** face bulshit is this?b
There is a very sizeable ultra-'progressive' core that plays DBD. Most of them are fine, but you sometimes get the truly bizarre second-year sociology student who's been fed semesters of Kendi, Walters and Hooks and will make comments that basically Poe's Law incarnate.
Some of my favorites:
That said, it's very difficult to determine whether it's just someone being silly, or someone parodying someone else being silly. Usually the missus and I just get a laugh out of it.
Oh man, I've got a few.
Essentially, I've got 4 Demo 'styles' that I rotate through.
Sonar Demo
Addons: Whistle+yellow addon that increase portal detection radius.
Perks: STBFL, BBQ/LP/CI, Plaything, Pentimento
Set up portals as sonar stations. Plaything+Penti gets them to run around so you can detect them easier. This one is nutso on smaller maps.
Unga Bunga Demo
Addons: Glasses+Liver or aura Iri.
Perks: STBFL (awesome on Demo as you can just shred the obsession), BBQ/LP/CI, Pain Resonance, Blood Favor.
Basically, rush people down - if they drop a pallet, glasses take care of it, otherwise BF does that. Shred the obsession, M1 everyone else unless you have to shred.
Grabber Demo
Addons: Portal Iri+Soda
Perks: Agitation, Pain Resonance (addicted to this perk atm), BBQ/LP/CI, Hoarder (trust me on this one).
Set up portals in sneaky places, grab people off chests and gens. Agitation lets you take them to a PR hook.
Blinder Demo
This one is evil.
Addons: Lighter+Cat (more portals = more blinds)
Perks: Plaything, Pentimento, Agitation, Pain Resonance.
Set up portals right next to gens everywhere. They get a 45 second blind for being near it or dispelling it, making it very hard to find Plaything or Penti totems, and also often makes it really hard to find people to heal/unhook. This one gets me raged at the most.
These sound really funky, might try em next time I play Demogorgon
Today I tried out The Artist again, but got a pretty bad round. The survs were very good and looped awesome, while evading nearly all my Crows and I narrowly got 1 kill, but all in all it wasn't a bad game, because no one BM me and they all left in a timely fashion, because I chose the right portal and essentially escorted them right out.
But in the after game chat one player had such a field day and inflated ego amd belittled me for playing so bad and that he was so much better at playing The Artist and what not. And I tried to answer "so what? Aren't you allowed to try something new and not be instantly awesome at it?" but he shot it all down and challenged me to a 1v1 to show me how awesome his epeen was. Well, I wanted to say something along that line, but the censoring doesn't allow the mildest of words, so he just laughed and laughed, so eventually I left.
I don't care much about the after gamr chat and actually enjoy the salt mine there, but this dude was so full of himself. We all know how the game usually snowballs into one direction eventually, but this kind of players are exactly the ones that can bully people out of trying something new and leaving their comfort killer zone.