Why every killer uses Corrupt

I've been on the Corrupt/Deadlock "milk bottle" I guess you could say for too long. Because what happens when I don't have those perks? The gens fly. Survivors spawn on gens, they do them, and by that time I've got 1 down max. So I'm basically starting the game at 2 gens. "But don't nerf gen speed! Survivors can't handle that! This is definitely a real statement!" Try playing above ash grade. You'll see what I mean with the gen speed.

At this point, survivors don't even need meta perks. They could bring 1 or 2, the essentials like BT. But against 80% of killers, it's easy as pie from start to finish. They aren't at threat of dying in the slightest, save for them screwing up or going against very specific killers. If they can't loop the killer for more than 20 seconds, that's fine. The gens will get done as soon as the game begins anyway, so they can afford to get downed like there's no tomorrow. 80 seconds: That's all it takes to get 2-3 gens done.

And Corrupt wasn't even enough slowdown, I kid you not. Killers are still humoring gen defence as a viable strategy against top level, but it just doesn't mean anything. You use hexes, they go down. You use Scourge hooks, you waste time walking to specific ones. You use Pop or Surge, your regression is undone in literally 10 seconds. So we started using Deadlock, because it's like Corrupt but for midgame. Now No Way Out is popular to run alongside them, because with that perk we actually get rewarded for hooking everyone, and the game isn't instantly decided once all the gens are done.

There's zero point in defending gens or trying to end chases quickly, because the gens fly no matter what. All there is is what I've just described: gen delay. Not regression, not "defence". Delay. It's the only viable strategy for killers, and when it's gone we're gone.

Comments

  • @Lochnload_exe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2701175#Comment_2701175

    yeah that is why you don't commit to a chase for 3 minutes

    But what if everyone can run you that long? I have many chases where I couldn't have possibly damaged the survivor for at least the first 30 seconds. If it's not holding forward, it's dropping god pallets.

  • Corrupt Purge is one of those perks that is only there to band-aid fix an issue that shouldn't be a thing in the game in first place. Survivors spawn at gens all the time on huge maps where the killer might take some long time to reach them there, giving them objective progress for free. It's a similar thing to how Pop and Ruin are needed to make gen regression worth something.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2700112#Comment_2700112

    Games are too snowbally for that gen rework. And we know BHVR. Their idea of a rework would be to just change the timing on gens and not change anything else... If they made gen times take longer no survivors would play M1 simulator and they just would survive. To fix that issue they'd then nerf all killers to "balance"...

    Exactly! I just don't see it happening and I don't think it's a good idea. Tunneling and camping would need to be removed/less effective (yeah, good luck fixing that), perks, killers and maps would need to be tweaked as well. It's just way too much work for something that isn't even needed in my opinion. Would just make survivors leave. Would be very boring.

    Edit- I play killer and I don't always use Corrupt. I actually prefer POP over that perk.

1 2 ›