Can Chapter 24 be Original please?

As much as i like Licensed chapters, i do find originals very interesting.

We've had only one original chapter this year, and i know the birthday chapters in June are usually Licensed, but i think it would be nice if an Original chapter took the spot for the 6th year

Comments

  • I like their original chapters too tbh, mostly because since they created it they have complete creative freedom with what they do. I love that. But BHVR plans their chapters waaaaay in advance and probably have an outline of what they're gonna do for probably a year in advance or something.

    Seeing as how they just announced chapter 23 being licensed I'm incredibly surprised at the probability of them doing another two big licenses in a row. I'm definately not unhappy to be seeing all the horror icons come in.

  • @Frontdoor6 said:

    As much as i like Licensed chapters, i do find originals very interesting.

    We've had only one original chapter this year, and i know the birthday chapters in June are usually Licensed, but i think it would be nice if an Original chapter took the spot for the 6th year

    We had Trickster and Artist this year.

  • I'm talking about since chapter 23 is licensed I'm surprised they're gonna make chapter 24 licensed as well (i'm speculating bc ch 24 is the anniversary event and that's what they always do). So we will have two in a row from that.

  • @HagathaSimmons said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698360#Comment_2698360

    I'm talking about since chapter 23 is licensed I'm surprised they're gonna make chapter 24 licensed as well (i'm speculating bc ch 24 is the anniversary event and that's what they always do). So we will have two in a row from that.

    Nemesis and Pinhead were also two in a row, it happens sometimes. 🤷‍♂️

  • @Frontdoor6 said:

    As much as i like Licensed chapters, i do find originals very interesting.

    We've had only one original chapter this year, and i know the birthday chapters in June are usually Licensed, but i think it would be nice if an Original chapter took the spot for the 6th year

    I actually like that and I hope they do that someday, but as long they don't do a FNaF chapter that 12 year olds being cosplayers and play the game.

  • Probably not considering it is the anniversary

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    Probably not considering it is the anniversary

    Thats in June, this is coming in March

  • Technically, even though the Trickster was released this year, it was the last chapter in LAST years DBD roadmap

  • Chapter 24 will be the anniversary chapter which is more likely to be licensed to hype things up etc.


    i wouldn’t be against it being original though, especially if they add more base game changes and mechanics, QoL stuff etc. Hopefully this is the main focus for content for the next year…

  • @Frontdoor6 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2698360#Comment_2698360

    Technically, even though the Trickster was released this year, it was the last chapter in LAST years DBD roadmap

    Either way you look at it, out of the last four killers two were licensed and two were original.

  • @Frontdoor6 said:

    As much as i like Licensed chapters, i do find originals very interesting.

    We've had only one original chapter this year, and i know the birthday chapters in June are usually Licensed, but i think it would be nice if an Original chapter took the spot for the 6th year

    With how good their original chapters are, I wouldn't mind it

  • My off hand guess is the anniversary chapter 24 will be either original or Jason since the Jason license is finally apparently available and I’m positive Behaviour would love to get him in the game. (I’m not sure exactly how he’d be all that different from Trapper, but Hillbilly and Bubba are similar so that’s not a dealbreaker.)