Should Insidious be changed?
I've seen a lot of threads complaining about camping recently, specifically about Insidious camping Bubba. That had me thinking, should Insidious be changed?
Insidious is a perk that basically promotes camping, so maybe it should be changed or reworked.
(Just a short disclaimer: I don't find anything wrong with camping as it is a legit strategy in some situations. But it can be frustrating to deal with at times)
Comments
Id like it to be changed to be a more proactive perk, such as gaining undetectable after hooking or breaking pallets/walls/gens
I think it should retain its Undetectable, but I don't think its current effect is really even all that useful for camping outside of the basement, so it should definitely be changed.
Maybe it could grant Undetectable when you've spent a certain amount of time without any survivors who are looking at you or who are within a certain radius of you? Equal parts stealth perk and information perk, since if it's not triggering you know there's someone nearby. This effect would obviously cancel after you initiate a chase, or something similar.
I mean yes and no
Yes- to limit hardcore campers
No- cause it's a perk that's hard to change (IMO)
Plus given BHVR's track record on perk changes it's hard to say
It has it's use in game and that's all
(not much else to say about it)
Insidious is not the problem with facecamping. It just complements it. Makes it even more punishing for unaware solos, sure, but it’s still not the cause of the grief.
Did the OP die to Insidious because this is too funny?
"I've seen a lot of threads complaining about camping recently, specifically about Insidious camping Bubba"
Nope, they seem to want open and honest discussion.
@ topic, Insidious should be changed. It's a relic from a past long since forgotten, when the game was supposed to be hide-and-seek.
As a killer-only player I’d love to see Insidious get a revamp simply because outside of the very specific facecamping Bubba thing it’s pretty useless. I’d rather have a stealth perk that feels more useful on its own in a broader set of circumstances than one that is only used for facecamping.
I have seen it used exactly once on a build that wasn’t intended for hook camping, and it was on a meme build with insidious/tinkerer/beast of prey/trail of torment (all stealth perks). And I don’t think he ever took advantage of insidious (it was a trapper who didn’t even get a hook).
Outside of that .01%, yeah, nobody uses it for anything besides camping. Not that it works against me anyway, since I basically always run kindred in solos. I’d rather it just be a perk that triggers Undetectable in some other way and doesn’t have anything to do with standing still. Pretty much the only consistently used stealth perk rn is tinkerer because it also gives you useful information.
Or, alternatively, you could honestly just delete Insidious and Left Behind, and I wouldn’t have a problem with it.
That's where I'm at too- it's only useful in a highly specific circumstance that itself is a pretty bad tactical choice, so I'd like to see it revamped to do something more universally applicable, even if it's still weak afterwards.
Yes IMO. At its absolute best, it's too cute, and in the average case scenario, it's only good for hardcore camping.
I actually suggested the undetectable after hooking sometime ago.