Is it time for a new core game mode?

If you look at other multiplayer games there’s always multiple game modes to chose from, each of them offering something different in terms of rules and balance

Right now in DBD we only have one but there’s so many possibilities for others too

Remember the ‘In To The Fog’ tournament earlier this year, where every game offered different rules for teams to chose from? Ranging from survivors only being allowed to chose from their characters personal perks to only being allowed to heal others when they’re also injured, and challenges like stunning the killer then blocking the generator right after.

it would be cool if we had game modes like that. An arcade type mode where each game offered random rules and challenges to complete

It would also be really good if we got some kind of tournament type mode, with add on restrictions and limitations on multiple people using the same perk and points/ scoring working differently to the main game where a win and loss is only determined by kills or escapes

There’s so much potential in what this game could be and I just think it’s a bit sad that we only have the one game mode to chose from

Comments

  • Queue times can be bad enough already without splitting up the population.

  • @Fantasy said:

    Queue times can be bad enough already without splitting up the population.

    Maybe with more game modes to chose from, from fun arcade type challenge modes to serious comp rules then it could attract more players? It could be worth a shot

  • The rank will reset tomorrow and I got Red Rank 1 Survivor, and Gold Rank 1 Killer. I'm bored to death. Do it again why?? This game needs something. The end game is in an SWF or is become a\the Sweatyist Killer possible, and neither is appealing to me anymore and nothing in the last 1 year+ has. If they stay stagnant I won't be the only one here saying this. I think DBD has run its course. Sorry.

  • I think what we have now DBD at its core is just fine. On paper new game modes may sound good but in a game like this I can't really picture what kind of modes to add.

  • They can barely work on on 1 mode. 2 would just over complicate it and make balancing harder

  • We need multi killer mode

  • Time for new game mode was 3 years ago

  • No. Multiple game modes isn't a necessity, and more effort should be put into balancing the current mode instead of making new ones.

    What I would support to hit at a similar feeling, though, is better control over what you can customise for custom games, and AI survivors/killers to populate those custom games with.