Question about the Artist and her map that i hope the Devs will answer
Since the Artist arrived, i've had questions about her backstory and her map
- Why is she a killer?: Her backstory doesn't really shine much light on why she became a killer. What goes through her head when she hunts survivors? What drives her
- What exactly is her map?: The map looks...odd...compared to other places. Floating books, ink rising from the sand, and a giant nest in the center. Is this the desert where the Artist had her arms cut off? Or is this like a 'Painting come to life' kind of thing that only existed in the Artist's mind?
Comments
If I had to guess, the Artist's mind has been mostly destroyed and she's become a host to her crows. Her movements and sounds are very birdlike. You can best get this by watching her in her menu screen - her head twitches are especially inhuman, but you can also see it in her stance when she moves, the way she kicks pallets, and the way she falls. She has a crow's eyes and makes crow sounds (even factoring in the cut tongue, they're not human.) While I had the same questions you do about her motivations, after examining it for a while, I don't think there's very much Carmina Mora left in the character we play.
I can't answer the second, though. We haven't seen this kind of mystical corruption and distortion of physical locations before... well, actually, RCPD is similar in that regard. I wonder if it'll be a new trend? Not sure if I like it.